Chapter 50- The Coming Hour

3rd Person POV

The siege had continued to rage on, and while Honest was having Makoto prepare their final weapon, they were losing men in the palace. For as Alexander and his main force drew near all attention to the walls, a certain group of assassins infiltrated the palace amidst the raging battle. Akame, Leone, and Tatsumi tore their way through a corridor in search of their first target.

Going through groups of guards, they cut through them like a hot knife through butter. They eventually came to a room and burst through the door, where one of Honest's supporters was cowering in fear.

Target: I-it's them! AKAME IS WITH THEM!

The guards who were in the room attempted to fight the three. But they were quickly torn to shreds by Tatsumi and Leone as Akame bolted to her target.

Target: W-wait! I have a child and money! Please!

Akame: "Assassinating target" she said as she stood in front of him

Target: This is the end, isn't it? Then please, I thought of a splendid phrase for my death. I'll say it now, I-

Akame then swiftly cut the top of his head off before he could even finish his sentence. She did not grant such a corrupted individual any final words, for he deserved none at all.

Leone: There's the first one! Most of the guards are in the battle so this'll be easy!

Tatsumi: The map we were provided thanks to Alexander's spy helped out as well. We avoided the traps on our way here

Leone: What do you guys think? Shall we make our way to the throne room?

Tatsumi: Considering some of our targets will be on the way, I don't see why not

Akame: Agreed, let's move

As the three left the room and began to head for their next destination, Emperor Makoto was being nearly overwhelmed by the power of his imperial arms. The Imperial Teigu's power was flowing into him, going directly into his head as it was activating.

Makoto: The power..... it's flowing straight into my head! Minister! This weapon might destroy humanity itself! It's too dangerous!

Honest: That is the very reason why you must wield it to your wisdom! We cannot end such a great empire that has lasted one thousand years your majesty!

Makoto remembered his parents, he remembered the very legacy of his line. His ancestor founded this nation, and his family ruled it ever since. He couldn't falter now, despite everything he was facing.

Makoto (thoughts): Mother, father, grant me the strength and the power to save our empire.....

The teigu began to take form right in front of Makoto and Honest. Its head formed first as it began to slowly rise as the rest of its body started forming as well.