Chapter 29- His Saints

Disclaimer: There is a lemon in this

Alexander's POV

I was now sitting on a couch in Bols' home, thinking back on what happened. If I hadn't held back I would've killed Syura too early. That wouldn't have gone well, granted he's probably going to complain to his father.

But right now it didn't matter, what mattered was something I planned to ask Bols. Fortunately for me, he had just entered the room with two cups of tea. He handed one to me before sitting across from me. I noticed he was in more regular clothing, a button up shirt and dress pants.

His blonde hair, blue eyes, and scar across his face were visible. Since he no longer wears his mask I'll have to get used to seeing him like this.

Bols: Alexander, I cannot express how grateful I am to you

Alexander: It's fine Bols, I would never let them do that to anyone. But they've no doubt done similar things when I wasn't around.....

Bols: I know the capital isn't the best place but I can't believe the minister would let his son do these things

Alexander: "He's crueler than you think my friend. And his son is a spinning image of his cruelty" I said before drinking some of the tea

Bols: Yeah..... I can't imagine what he might've done to Kije and Logue if you hadn't been there

Alexander: He won't go near them again, I promise

Bols: Thank you Alexander

Alexander: It's no problem my friend, though I must ask you something

Bols: What is it?

Alexander: When it comes down to it, you like to protect people don't you?

Bols: Well yes, I don't think innocents should be hurt at all. They don't deserve to suffer in this war

Alexander: "Heh, I thought so" I said before finishing the tea

Bols: Why did you ask?

Alexander: How would you like to keep defending people without answering to the minister?

Bols: It's an honorable thing to do, to have a chance would be nice I suppose.....

Alexander: I can give you such a chance my friend. And I can ensure your family stays safe

Bols: Well..... I'll hear you out Alexander.....

Alexander: Splendid

Timeskip

Not too long after my talk with Bols I was now back in the Imperial Palace. I was walking down the hallway, thinking about how Esdeath was doing. She was no doubt having the time of her life fighting in the west.

But then I began thinking about Akame and my old comrades in Night Raid. It saddened me for a moment, especially thinking back to the last time I saw Akame. Seeing her in tears made my heart ache in utter agony.

However, I needed to focus on my current situation. Pushing the thoughts out of my head I continued walking down the hallway. I then saw Wave hitting the wall just a few feet ahead of me. He was no doubt pissed about Wild Hunt and Syura.

Alexander: Careful not to break your hand my friend

Wave: Huh? Oh, it's just you Alexander

Alexander: I take it you're upset about the actions of Wild Hunt?

Wave: Of course I am! How can I be expected to hold everything back when they're doing things like this?!

Alexander: I know what you mean, they abuse their power like it's nothing. I had to personally step in to keep Syura from doing..... something terrible.....