Chapter 39- Preperation

Disclaimer: There is a lemon in this

Alexander's POV

Leone had gotten drunk again, it had only been two days after the death of Dorothea. The Empire was slowly being surrounded by my forces and those of the remaining rebels. Even so, it didn't keep Leone from continuing her usual habits. I did miss times like these though, even if it meant I had to help Akame carry Leone so she doesn't fall.

While we carried her, Akame was wearing her apron. She had just finished cooking and we were going to let Tatsumi know. Mine is supposed to get back today, I recieved word that her assasination mission was a success. This was good, for it meant the Empire was crippled even more. We arrived at Tatsumi's room, where the door was closed and Akame chose to knock.

Akame: Tatsumi, dinner's ready! We're having sukiyaki don today

Leone: Go ahead and eat summa my portion too.....

Alexander: Stop talking drunk, perhaps the food and some coffee or water will dilute your system

Akame: Come on, you've gotta keep fuel in your body to keep it primed for battle Tatsumi!

We waited for a moment in front of the door, but there was no answer. It was dead quiet, I then chose to sense for Tatsumi through the door. But his room was completely empty, he wasn't here at all. I could sense where he went though, a cave of sorts not too far from Helsreach.

Akame: Tatsumi.....?

Alexander: He's not here, he's gone to a cave about a mile or two away

Akame: Why would he do that?

Leone: We'll have to *hic* find out

Alexander: And in order to do this more effectively, I'll have to pull you out of your drunken state

Leone: How-

I then flicked her head with some partial psychic power. She then grabbed her head and grunted in irritation and pain. It was the quickest way to sober her up, the other way would take valuable time.

Leone: WHAT THE HELL?!

Alexander: Hey, you're sober now right?

Leone: Yes! But that doesn't mean I'm happy Alexander!

Alexander: It was the quickest way

Leone: You could've warned me! You owe me!

Akame: You can pin him to a bed later, let's just go find Tatsumi

Alexander: Agreed- wait, what did you say?

Leone: Let's go find Tatsumi!

Small Timeskip brought to you by chibi Leone planning to do things to Alexander

I flew over a forest as Leone in beast mode and Akame followed just below me. The cave was somewhere around here, I could sense Tatsumi's presence. But with his presence was something else, and I had a feeling I knew what it was. We continued onward until I stopped and looked around, he was close.

Leone: Alexander!

Alexander: Did you pick up his scent with your teigu?

Leone: Yeah! I got a whiff of something dangerous, follow me!

I dived down and landed before following her with Akame just next to me. We arrived right in front of a cave, and I could already hear Tatsumi inside. But what I heard was him grunting and coughing in utter pain. It was as if his own body was being pulled apart.