36

The day after, Silver walked around the castle feeling so shitty. She had to pretend all cheery in front of her friends though, they don't need to know. Smiling felt so forced and tiring, she just wanted to enjoy the rest of her day avoiding Tom without having to smile. But all her friends are very happy people, Silver's one too, but right now, she just can't smile. So, she excused herself, saying that she wanted to sleep early. 

Silver crawled into her bed, but even after Sophie and Leona had fallen asleep hours later, Silver still can't fall asleep. She feels so awake.

Silver rolled to the left and let her mind drifted to Tom. 

Even now, she still doesn't know how she feels about him. She hated him, but at the same time, she felt like she needed to like him, because it's her mission. She also thought about moments where she felt like he was absolutely stunning and magnificent. Angelic and demonic all mashed together. 

Sometimes, she wished she was as oblivious as the others were about Tom, she wished she could just have a big crush on him and stare at him from afar, not knowing about his true desires and personality. Of how evil he actually is. That'd be much better. She won't have to worry about whether she had helped Tom become a worse being or not. She'll only know him as the mysterious golden boy, as the teacher's pet. As her dream boy maybe.

Sadly, she's exposed to the true side of the young Voldemort, not just that, she had to turn him away from his dark desires. Her? She's just a normal 17 year old, pretending to be someone she's not. Pretending to be a 6th year, pretending that she's just a girl that nobody should be suspicious of, pretending to be a damn witch. 

Silver sighed. She got up from her bed and walked to the door, still in her pajamas.

Silver walked out of the common room and let her feet take her wherever. The wind was cold, but it was nice. She took a deep breath of the cold air. Silver kept walking when she heard a scream, she froze. Silver was worried that it's another basilisk attack. She ran to the direction of the scream and bumped into a figure.

Silver groaned. She looked to the person she bumped to. Screaming Olive Hornby. Silver rolled her eyes. "What the fuck's wrong with you?" Olive's lips quivered, she looked behind her. A floating girl dashed towards them. Olive Hornby screamed on top of her lungs and ran away as fast as she could. Silver looked up, scared. She gaped.

"Myrtle!?" 

Myrtle Warren giggled. "Ah, Silver Prennington!" Silver didn't know what to say. She gulped. "H-how are you, Myrtle?" Myrtle glided around and shrugged. "I'll definitely be happier if I'm ALIVE, but I'm having a blast with that icky Olive, Hornby!" Myrtle cackled loudly, it echoed across the corridor. Myrtle turned to look at Silver. "I have to say though, Silver Prennington, you have been the kindest to me, I think I had to say thank you, don't you think?" Silver froze, Myrtle rolled her eyes and pouted. "Well not the BEST, but compared to the OTHERS, you're better I guess!" She crossed her eyes and whined.

Silver would've thought she was annoying, but she felt bad, so bad. She inhaled. "Why'd you come back as a ghost?" Myrtle stopped whining and thought. "Because I have nothing to look forward to if I'm DEAD." Myrtle said that, like it was obvious. "Besides, miss out on a chance to scare the people who were mean to me? NEVER!!" She looked away to the end of the corridor and groaned dramatically. "UGH, because of YOU, I've probably lost Hornby!!" Silver opened her mouth. She braved herself. 

"Did you know what killed you?" 

Myrtle sighed loudly. "I don't know, okay!? All I know is that, I was in the lavatory, minding my OWN business, until POOF! I DIED!! It was shocking-"

She doesn't know. Silver cleared her throat. "Okay, Sorry, uh, Olive's probably not that far, I mean, you could get to her really fast now that you're..." Myrtle rolled her eyes. "Okay, okay! See you around, friend!" Myrtle again laughed maniacally and quickly floated away from her.