42

Silver sat down on a bench, thinking about yesterday. 

Rosier carried the passed out Black to the Slytherin common room. Everybody just stared at her and left. It takes her sobbing her eyes out for Malfoy to walk back to her and carry her to the front of the Hufflepuff common room. Silver balled her hands into fists. 

Her face was pale and emotionless. Tom's going to kill her before she can even say Voldemort. 

Walking was painful and eating made her teeth hurt. A tear rolled out of her eye.

"Silver, are you okay?" 

She jumped at the voice, scared for it to be either one of her friends, they'd freak out if they see her crying, and would want to know about what happened. 

Silver looked to her right and saw a familiar face. Michael. She let out a relieved sigh. 

"Hi Michael." 

Michael sat next to Silver on the bench and observed her. "What happened?" He asked quietly. Silver shook her head. "Just sick." 

Michael smiled at her. "Then why are you crying?" 

Silver chuckled. "I'm both sick and homesick." 

He grinned. "Well, at least you'll be going home in a month." 

Silver smiled. 

"Yeah, that's good."

They fell into silence. He observed her again. "Have you eaten yet, Silver?" Silver shook her head. Michael smiled and pulled something out of his pocket. 

"Lucky you!" He pulled out a sandwich. Silver laughed. 

"Well, I was planning on eating it, but you need it more." She stared at his eyes. 

He's genuine and lovely. 

Silver took the sandwich and unwrapped it. She took a bite of it and nodded. 

"It's really good." Michael shrugged.

Silver enjoyed the sandwich while Michael rested his head on her shoulder. She loved his company. He's like a shelter she can hide in. "What are you going to do for winter, Michael?" 

Silver finished eating and crumpled the wrapping. "Hmm, just staying at home with my parents. You?" Silver leaned into Michael.

"Same."

They fell into silence once again. It was nice, like a break for her. 

She didn't know though, someone was watching.

That someone didn't feel nice about their interaction at all.

Silver had been spending more time with Michael lately. 

Her friends noticed and had been teasing her about it. Does she like Michael? I mean, she shouldn't because Tom should be her only goal. 

If Tom had never tortured her, she would probably like him way more. Hah. 

She liked the idea of completing a goal, of changing someone. I mean, who has the power to change a whole universe? A whole other reality? 

She has. And she must use it. 

She must focus on Tom. But she can't help having a bit of feelings for the charming Ravenclaw.

"Silver!"

She turned around to see Michael. "Hey!" Michael grinned. 

Silver laughed. "Where are you going, Michael?" He chuckled. "Uh, Ravenclaw is competing against Slytherin today, you... want to watch and cheer me on?"