30

Everyone was shaken after the class. 

That night, Silver went out of her common room, trying to clear her mind. She kept walking until she saw Tom walking around. She inhaled and ran to him. He stopped walking when he saw her running over to him.

She panted and took a deep breath of the crisp air. "Where are you going, Tom?" He rolled his eyes. "I'm patrolling, Prennington." Silver scoffed. "Where's your partner then?" He rubbed his temple and look at her tiringly. "She's nowhere to be found, and I like it better when I'm not disturbed anyway, so leave." 

Silver gave Tom a tight-lipped smile and stood beside him. 

Tom groaned, they walked together.

"So, DADA was intense today, huh?" Tom narrowed his eyes at her and continued walking. Silver ran her fingers through her hair. "I already knew yours was going to be your own dead body, by the way." Tom stopped and glanced at her, he raised an eyebrow. Silver nodded. "It's true."

Tom faced her with his hands behind his back. 

"Who was that person from your boggart?" 

Silver's body visibly tensed. But she shrugged and put a strand of hair behind her ear. "Me, obviously." Tom clenched his jaw. "The person who was going to torture you. He had my wand." Silver scrunched her eyebrows, she didn't focus on the wand at all. Shoot.

Silver gulped. She raised her head up and gave Tom a blank stare. "It was you, Tom." Tom's eyes widened, and he seemed to be in deep thought. "Told you you'd be ugly, losing that pretty face is not worth it, if you ask me." Silver forced out a chuckle. She looked at Tom who looked serious, deep in thought, so she shut her mouth.

He got out of his thoughts and looked at Silver. He sighed and walked again, leaving Silver behind.

"You are not that person yet, Tom."

Tom stopped and looked back at her. Silver walked up to him. "You know, I feel like that version of you wasn't as well thought out as you are now, and very impulsive. That sounds unlike you right? But I'm not lying, I swear." Tom's face stayed blank. " And I don't know, I think we're all afraid of death-"

Tom grabbed her arm. "I am NOT scared of it." Silver rolled her eyes. "Whatever. I know I'M scared of death, but escaping this cruel and damned world sounds like a reward more than a punishment sometimes."

Tom scoffed and stared at her face. He wondered how someone could be this innocent. Death to him isn't a reward, death means letting go of everything he has achieved and worked for. Life is useless if you had to die in the end. Life doesn't mean anything if you have to lose it all in the end. Tom hated that 'the sight', something so important and special was gifted to someone like her. He hated that she acted like she knows better, like she's wise and all-knowing. Because even if she possesses powers so powerful, but continued to have a mindset like she does right now, 

She'll still be the weakest.

Tom held nothing but resent for this girl. 

He grabbed her chin roughly and looked into her eyes. She is weak, he can see it in her eyes, and she is a pain in the ass. Tom could kill her, he could torture her into bits, and he could let her bleed out into the grass. He wished he could understand how she think the way she does, he wished he could see into her mind. 

But he can't. 

With hands powered with fury, he pulled her closer and pressed her lips to his.

He hated her with so much passion that 

he kissed her.