27

The week passed, and today is the day of the ball. Everyone can barely study, all were too busy talking about the exciting Halloween ball. When she arrived back at her room, Sophie was already getting ready while Leona just sat there staring at the wall. Guess Alfred never asked her.

Silver sat beside Leona. "Got a date yet, Leona?" Leona shook her head. Silver gasped. "Oh, I don't have a date too! Let's go together! As friends, if you'd like!" Leona turned to Silver. She thought about it for a while until she smiled and nodded. Silver jumped excitedly, trying to cheer Leona.

Silver got out her dress. It was very modern and 2020. It was elegant, but still striking. It has layered fabric and tulle for the bottom, but the top was a bit tight on her, to be honest.. The sleeves were long and flowy and the color was a pretty baby blue and Silver smiled to herself. She turned around and saw Sophie wearing a really cute yellow dress. It was quite flowy and matches Sophie's personality quite well. Leona showed them her beautiful pink dress. Sophie was enchanted by her beautiful dress. Turns out Leona's mom made it. Silver's dress would've been pretty cute in 2020, but it was very different here in the 1940s, Leona and Sophie were really excited for Silver to show off her dress. They thought it was beautiful. Silver styled her hair a bit, Sophie curled her beautiful hair, and Leona took care of her pretty curls. They then got out of the common room.

Alfred was waiting for them outside. When he saw Sophie, he gasped and hugged her tightly. "Sophie, you look so pretty!" Sophie laughed. Silver came up to him and he opened his arms to her too. Silver chuckled and gave him a hug. 

"You too, Silver! Where's Leona?"

When Silver got out of the hug, Alfred could now see Leona, and he gaped. "Wow, Leona, you look gorgeous!" Leona blushed slightly. "You look really pretty, Alfred." Alfred laughed. Silver grabbed Leona's hand and pulled her. The four walked together to the great hall.

When they arrived, a lot of people were already there. Some people stared at the four friends. Silver felt great. Sophie went to the food, alongside Silver. Alfred went to his Gryffindor friends and Leona went to some of the Ravenclaws. Silver stood there, not knowing what to do. There were no balls in 2020, at least none that she know of. She saw the knights walk in, everybody whispered. Behind them was Tom, looking like the pretty boy that he is. Silver rolled her eyes. They went to the drinks, while Tom separated to greet some professors. Silver went to them.

"Hello." They looked at her judgingly. Silver put her arm around Abraxas and he shooed her off. He looked her up and down.

"Finally, showing a bit of class, Prennington." Silver gasped. "A compliment Malfoy? Told you you'd fall in love with me!" He rolled his eyes and took a sip from his glass. "Where's the hot girl you were talking about? Were you talking about me when you said 'hot girl' last week?" Silver laughed. Abraxas waved her off and looked around. A pretty brunette went up to him and put her hands in his. He winked at Silver before walking away. Silver scoffed and went back to see Sophie, but she was already talking with her date.

Silver took a cute-looking candy and put it in her mouth. She looked around, everyone's dancing and having fun with their dates. While Silver is all alone, no one's asking her to dance. She felt someone beside her, it was Tom. She jumped.

"How are you this lovely evening, Silver?" She let out a laugh. "I am fine, Tom" They stood beside each other in silence. Silver turned to face him. "Do I look pretty? Be honest." Tom raised an eyebrow. "No." She rolled her eyes. He put his drink down. "Dance with me." Silver choked. "Hm?"

He rolled his eyes and grabbed her hand. They walked to the middle of the hall and everybody stared. They whispered, confused why Tom would dance with his 'ex' and not with his fuming 'girlfriend' who watched them together. Silver smiled at Druella who was clutching her drink so hard it splashed a bit to her friend's dress. She winked at her. Tom caught her actions and pulled her away from Druella's eyes.

Silver gaped. "Tom, I forgot! I don't fucking know how to dance! Akh!" Tom sneered. "You are embarrassing." Silver shrugged. "Don't even know the basics of it, help." Tom grabbed her hands and lead the dance. She kept looking down, making sure she doesn't fall. The music got slower and more people came to dance. Silver eventually gave up and just leaned her head on his shoulders while swaying to the music. He sighed defeatedly and just let her.

"I know if you had to pick between me and Druella, you'll obviously pick me." Tom scoffed. "No, I'd rather marry her than kiss you on the cheek." Silver laughed. "But here we are, with my head on your shoulders, we could be dating right now." Tom tried to push her gently and sneered. She still stayed on his shoulders. "Why did you pretend like you're this nice prince in front of Druella?" Tom rolled his eyes. Silver continued on, "You don't treat me well at all! Even when I just got into the knights." She raised her head up from his shoulders, but still stayed there. She was surprised Tom didn't shove her to the floor. Tom scoffed. "She still think I'm this golden boy when you have thought of me as a monster even from the start." 

Silver chuckled. "Aren't you going to try to change my mind?"

"Why would I? In the end, I'll be doing things that will make me a monster in everyone's eyes anyway." Silver sigh.

"In everyone's head, I'll be this devil. But I don't care, as long as a better world is ensured." Tom pushed Silver off. "Now if you'll excuse me, I promised Black a dance." Silver looked at Druella. "Do you really believe that?" Tom sighed and turned around. "That the world will be a better place if you and your crazy prejudice were in charge?" Tom scoffed. "Yes, I do." Tom turned back and walked over to Druella.

Silver watched Tom walk away. She sighed and tried to find her friends. When Silver finally spotted Sophie, she ran up to her. Sophie grinned mischievously. "I saw you and Tom! Everyone did!" Silver looked around and people stared at her jealously or confusedly. Silver shrugged. "How was Weasley!?" Sophie blushed. "He's a really nice guy!"

Silver smiled excitedly. "Ship!"

Sophie looked at her. "What?" Silver shook her head. "You guys look really cute together!!' Sophie laughed.

Silver looked left and right. She turned around and saw Alfred dancing with Leona. Silver gasped, Sophie did too. They both jumped excitedly. They kept watching the two dance. Leona caught their eyes, she rolled her eyes and blushed. Sophie stuck her tongue out at the blushing girl. "Finally!" Silver put her hand on Sophie's shoulder. "It was long overdue."

The Barrier - Tom Marvolo RiddleOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara