15

Silver spent her days roaming around the castle. She tried to make friends with some of the remaining Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws, but nobody really stuck with her. So she had to waste her time alone. It wasn't that boring, though, she played with snow a couple of times, talked to the paintings often, and tested out her wands sometimes.

Silver noticed that wherever she went, Tom was often there. That stalker. She usually just ignore him and pretended like he wasn't there, but sometimes, when she's annoyed, she snaps her head up at him and glared at the creepy boy.

Silver woke up one morning, and she remembered that it was Christmas. She shrieked with glee. Christmas is her favorite holiday. Back in her old home, she never got any presents, but at the Barrier, she got loads of gifts from Cassandra, Neyda, and a lot of the staffs. Now though, no presents. Ugh. Neyda said merry Christmas to her, and Silver said it back. She saw the Hufflepuffs opening their gifts, screaming joyfully at each other. Silver rolled her eyes and took a warm shower. She wore a button down shirt that she tucked inside her comfy pants and then went out of the Hufflepuff common room.

Silver arrived at the great hall, and it was festive, decorated with all sorts of magical decorations. Magical.

She smiled and walked to her table, but she saw Tom sitting in the Slytherin table all alone, with girls all staring at him. He wore a thick turtleneck. She barely saw Tom eat in the great hall in the holidays, so this was a surprise. He sipped his goblet and his eyes went to her. She stepped towards him, his eyes turned stern, a silent command for her not to go and sit with him. But she pretended like she didn't get his message and walked over to the Slytherin table.

She sat down beside him. All the girls who were staring at Tom immediately sneered and looked disgustedly at her. She snapped her head forward, taunting them. Some looked down, but most of them kept staring at her hatefully. Ugh, if they love him so much they should've sat with him before I did. She shook her head and faced Tom with a cheery, sarcastic smile. Silver leaned her head on her palms. "Merry Christmas, Tom."

He clenched his jaw, he can't do anything to her because everybody's around them and most were watching their interaction. "Oh come on! Got no Christmas spirit!?" She threw her hands down to the table. He just looked at her like he wanted to kill her right there, well, that's pretty much the truth. She looked at the food in front of them and filled her plate with a lot of food. Tom raised his eyebrow and looked at the food on her plate. Silver narrowed her eyes at his judgemental ones.

"Are you really going to eat all that, Prennington?" Silver looked at him in disbelief. "Yea, and what about it?" Tom rolled his eyes and grabbed an apple. "You should probably cut down on the junk." Silver gaped at him. "On Christmas!? Don't EVER say that to me!"

Everybody turned to them. She said that a little louder than she intended to. She was only kidding, she wasn't THAT dramatic. But the girls looked at her with sly eyes, waiting for her to go away or something, thinking that she was actually angry. Tom looked angrier than those girls and also embarrassed. She smiled cunningly. Silver was about to embarrass him even more when he leaned forward and slung his left arm around her shoulders. He whispered in her ear, "Shut the fuck up before I kill you."

Silver was about to snap back at him when she saw people watching them. They looked shocked, especially the girls, they were gaping. Silver suddenly remembered that Tom had his arm around her shoulders. She smirked. She hated Tom, but she wanted him, she was destined for him anyway, who are these girls to think that they have a chance? Silver spent more than 4 years of her life learning and reading about this motherfucker, she deserved to have him. Even though he scares her like crazy and basically wants to kill her, Silver still wanted him to fall in love with her. Even though Silver didn't really like him romantically, or AT ALL, she still wanted what was hers.

Tom sighed and bite down on his apple, with his arm still lazily dangling around her. "Fuck you.", he said. Silver snorted and looked back at the people who were still looking at them. 

Take that.

She spent the rest of her Christmas walking around Diagon Alley. What a beautiful sight it was. She kicked snow from the ground and stomped on it just to hear the crunch. Silver went inside a bookstore. She scrolled through the shelves and found a book about Salazar Slytherin, she opened it and read a bit. She still need to learn more stuff about Tom, tiring. After flipping through the pages, she got bored and put it back. She went through a few books, one about dragons, one about dark wizards, and one about Helga Hufflepuff. She saw people outside, switching gifts with each other and drinking butterbeer together. Maybe on Tom's birthday she should give him a gift, and buy him some warm butterbeer. But she remembered that he's a dick, and he wouldn't appreciate her gifts. Cassandra told her to give it a try, it won't hurt. But the truth is, it might just hurt, another rejection? Silver didn't need that. No more rejection for her, she can't stand it.

Clearing her mind, she put all of the books back, and went out empty-handed. She remembered that she tried butterbeer a week ago, and it was delicious. It's hard to explain, but it's just really good. So she went to the Three Broomsticks, and bought a warm cup of butterbeer to drink on the way home.

When she was sipping her yummy butterbeer, she saw Tom in the bookstore she was in just a few minutes ago. He saw her, but went back to his reading. Silver went inside and approached him. "Hello." Tom huffed silently and didn't acknowledge her. "Do you... I don't know, want butterbeer or something? I have a bit of money in my pocket." Tom snapped his book shut slowly. "Honestly, Silver, try to stop being annoying, maybe then some people other than mudbloods and blood-traitors will want to be friends with you."

Silver didn't take his words to the heart. He's just a mean old grandpa.

"No, I think purebloods are just intimidated by me, don't you think?" she said playfully. Tom scoffed. "Why do I find that hard to believe, Prennington?" she just shrugged and laughed it off. Tom went back to his book and Silver continued to stand there. She read the title of the book he was reading. It was about dark magic, ugh obviously. She continued to sip her drink and look out the window.

Tom groaned. "Why are you still here?!" Silver grumbled. "I don't know what else to do! It's only 3 p.m. Can you imagine not knowing what to do on Christmas day!?" Tom licked his lips and turned to her. "It's just like any other day, foolish girl! Do whatever you usually do in 3 p.m!" he waved her off. Silver rubbed her palms together, she didn't have any mittens. "Ugh, I don't even know what I usually do at this hour." Tom rolled his eyes at her child-like words. Hufflepuffs, he thought. He looked down at her bare hands. She wasn't wearing any mittens. She looked freezing. Tom sighed. "Why did you not wear the appropriate things for winter?"

Silver looked at him, acting confused. Bingo, it worked.

"Um, I don't have much winter gear. Left it at home, forgot to pack it in." Tom blinked. "Why don't you buy it?" Silver smiled at him. "Well, my parents don't really understand our money, so I don't have much of it, probably shouldn't buy anything unnecessary don't you think?" He put his hands in his coat and stood straight. "I'm pretty sure it's necessary not to freeze to death." Silver threw her empty butterbeer cup and put her cold hands on the back of her neck. "I don't even know, Tom."

Tom looked around. He didn't have much money, not even enough to buy her at least a mitten, everything is so expensive here, so he groaned slightly.

"Let me just take you back to the castle." Silver's eyes gleamed. This bitch is starting to care for me, huh?

Hah, you wish.