39

It was finally time to go back to The Barrier. 

Silver was ecstatic. Silver and her friends stood in front of the train. They walked in. There was an empty compartment near the back, so they stayed there. Leona grunted, putting her bags down. Sophie sat down. 

"Me and mom aren't going anywhere this time, we're just going to celebrate grandpa's 70th birthday! Maybe go on a road trip. I don't know, but I'm excited!"

Alfred smiled. "That's good, I'm staying home. My cousins are coming. You, Leona?" Leona sat down. "I'm going on a trip to, I don't know where." Leona raised her head at Silver. Silver leaned her head on the wall. "I'm staying home, it'll be fun though."

The train finally arrived at the station. Alfred woke Sophie up. Leona snapped up from her book. Silver stretched. 

They all walked out of the train. A lot of people were there already, waiting for their children. Alfred dangled his arms around Leona and Silver. "Owl me bitches." He gave Sophie a hug and ran to his father waiting for him. Silver chuckled, Leona rolled her eyes. They all said goodbye to each other.

Silver glanced around. She saw Tom and the knights talking to each other. She thought about walking up to them, but she chose not to. Why would she anyway?

She tore her gaze away from Tom and walked out of the station.

Silver found an empty spot. She looked around and quickly opened the portal behind a big bush like she did last year. The portal opened and she jumped in.

When Silver saw Neyda and Cassandra, she sighed happily. 

"Silver!!!!" Silver jumped and gave Neyda a big hug. "Fuck, I missed you!" She let go of Neyda and hugged Cassandra. Cassandra laughed. "You did well this year, Silver." Silver smiled sadly. "I messed up a lot too, Myrtle-" Cassandra shushed her. 

"There are some things we just can't change." 

Neyda nodded. She put her arm around Silver and walked with her to their room.

"So, what are we going to do for the next year?" Cass thought for a bit. "Tom's obviously interested in you, so we just continue on from there. We can't really plan things detail by detail because it's 100% not going to go exactly as planned." Neyda snorted. 

"Just fuck him or something." Cass hit Neyda's arm. Neyda still laughed. Silver groaned. "Sometimes, I feel like he likes me, but most times, he just doesn't." Neyda threw a candy in her mouth. "He's in denial I think." 

Silver laughed. "Didn't know I was so desirable."

Neyda threw a candy wrapper at Silver. "You're not." Silver threw it back. Cass rolled her eyes. 

Silver thought for a minute. 

"Wait, if I get him to actually fall in love with me, what's next...?" 

Cassandra smiled sadly. 

"Your memories will be wiped and you'll have to live as Silver Prennington forever."

Neyda gasped. Silver gaped. "Mom, what the fuck!?" Neyda yelled.

Cassandra hid her face in her palms. "I mean, if he's in love with you he'd want you around until you both die right? I mean, someone has to be there to control him on a leash." 

Neyda scoffed. Silver gulped. "That makes me want to fail this shit to be honest." Cassandra sighed. "Tom Riddle is like a river, it will be polluted with trash if there's no barrier. Silver, you are the barrier." Ironic. Silver huffed. "If the barrier leaves, the trash will come back eventually. You can't leave that son of a bitch." Silver raised her eyebrows at Cassandra's language.