45

Silver cried and cried, it hurt to even breathe. 

She wanted to die right there, her body was still in so much pain. It began raining. Silver shivered, her body shook. She felt all the bad emotions that had ever existed. Her teeth chattered, her nails dug into her palms. Silver whimpered.

She then screamed, as hard as she could, cursing life. Her screams filled the whole forest. 

Neyda opened the portal right under her, and Silver fell into the portal, going back home.

She landed on the floor with a thud. Silver winced and looked around. Cassandra and Neyda were kneeling beside her, worry on their faces. 

Silver leaned her head backwards and let herself doze off, wanting to be numb of the pain her body and heart are feeling.

Silver was shook awake.

She opened her eyes to Cassandra, she looked to the clock in front of her, it was 4:30 a.m. Silver sat up, her body was still aching. She realized she was in the clinic in the Barrier. Cassandra sighed sadly and took Silver's hand in hers. 

"Nobody can know you went back, okay? But now you need to go back to the forest, Silver." Silver closed her eyes. 

"No." 

Cassandra had tears in her eyes. "Silver, listen to me-"

No, no, no.

She began sobbing. 

"I don't want to go back." She kept saying those words over and over. 

Neyda came into the room and quickly hugged Silver's trembling body. She whispered in her ear, everything's going to be alright, that she'll be okay. 

Silver didn't believe that, although she wished she did.

If corporate knew Silver came back not according to schedule, she could be kicked out, because she did sign up for all the risks and consequences that she might endure in the other universe. 

"Don't let me go back." She cried.

Cassandra had tears in her eyes. 

"I'm so sorry."

Silver finally mustered enough energy to get off the bed. Cassandra and Neyda walked with her. Cass opened the portal for her, and with a sniffle, she stepped into the portal that leads her to her own misery and pain.

She fell on the ground, the exact place where she was last night. 

The ground was wet and muddy because of the rain. Silver took a deep breath. 

What now? She stayed on the ground, shivering, fresh tears continued rolling down from her eyes. 

She heard footsteps. Black shoes appeared in front of her eyes. Silver looked up and saw Tom. 

He pushed his hand out to her.

She ignored his hand and stood up by herself, struggling a bit. Her legs shook, her whole body was muddy and dirty, her hair was sticky and messy. Tom sighed.

"If only you listened to me last night."

Silver looked up at Tom, eyes filled with hatred. Did she hear him right? 

She balled her shaky hands into fists and threw a punch to him. Tom stumbled back. Silver stepped forward and tried punching Tom again and again. He grabbed her wrists and forced her to look at him. He took a deep breath.