2

The carriage rode along. Silver can't see the thestrals. She wouldn't want to witness somebody's death but she'd love to see the thestrals. Finally, the carriage stopped and they all went out. Silver looked around, trying to observe her surroundings. In front of her was the castle, big and magical. She screeched. This is all she ever wanted. "Amazing, isn't it?" She faced the girl who was speaking. It was Leona. Silver nodded enthusiastically. They all continued walking. She had to separate with the others and join the first years. It was embarrassing to be the biggest one out of all the baby first years. She saw Dumbledore.

She was absolutely mind blown. Oh my, it's Dumbledore!! 

YEA, I KNOW. 

He started talking about what would happen at the ceremony until his eyes landed on Silver. He looked confused since she was obviously not a first year. "Who are you, dear?" GAH, He's speaking to you!! Silver grinned. 

"I'm Silver Prennington. I'm new, a 5th year." 

Before she came, Cassandra already came to Hogwarts and signed Silver up in Hogwarts, pretending to be her adoptive mother, Mrs. Aliana Prennington. Dumbledore seemed to remember Cassandra and smiled at Silver. "You'd be the last sorted, Ms.Prennington. considering you are a 5th year." Silver just nodded at him. She is freaking out inside.

Dumbledore lead them to the Great Hall. DAMN THIS IS IT NEY! IT LOOKS BETTER THAN I COULD EVER IMAGINED! Silver just want to scream at all of them and let all her excitement out of her system. Her eyes scanned through each of the table. When her eyes landed on the Slytherin table, she tried to spot Tom and his little stupid group. She quickly found them. Tom looked uninterested with everything around him.

Tom caught her eyes and Silver looked away after a bit, not like one of those main characters in a book who's just too shy to face their crush at all. Ugh, she hates main characters. Tom kept looking at her, eventhough he didn't look too interested. If I was a skinny, tall, thick looking girl, HE'LL ALREADY BE IN LOVE WITH ME, NEY! Well obviously, that's just how teen boys are. Silver rolled her eyes and focus on the first years in front of her that are being sorted. One of the kid took a while for the hat to sort him, but eventually he got sorted in Ravenclaw. After a few long minutes, it was finally her turn. She was a wreck. She took a deep breath when her name was called. "Silver Prennington!" All eyes turned to her, since she looked too large for a first year. She sat down on the little stool and Dumbledore put the sorting hat on her head. You're not from here, Prennington. Ah, I know, I know, I'm on a mission! Big fan of you, by the way. Alright, let's see where you'll be sorted. The conversation they had went on in her mind, and she pleaded the hat to put her in Hufflepuff. You are a mess, Silver Prennington! 

"Hufflepuff!"

She thanked the hat like crazy until Dumbledore took the hat off her. She walked quickly to the Hufflepuff table who were clapping for her a bit. Sophie and Leona cheered for her. "Thank goodness you're not a Slytherin!" Silver just rolled her eyes playfully and sat down beside Sophie. They all looked so hungry, which, was understandable since the sorting ceremony went for quite a while. The headmaster, Armando Dipper said a few words and finally, the feast began. She started eating, until Neyda said something.

Hey, Tom is looking at you right now, he's interested by the looks of it, I guess. Mom wants you to make eye contact and smiled like, ugh I don't know how to explain this to you, but mom wants you to smile like you know something he doesn't, which is true, but not smug gah! Okay? I don't know what I'm supposed to do but I'll try. She stopped eating and made eye contact with the handsome guy. She held eye contact and tried to smile like Neyda told her to. Tom narrowed his eyes a bit at her and smiled. She couldn't really tell because Slytherin table was the furthest from the Hufflepuff table. Silver went back to eating her food.

Sophie and Leona lead her to the Hufflepuff common room. It was beautiful. She looked all around in awe of the place she's in. All of this felt too good to be true. What a dream come true. She was lead to her room. She unpacked and ended up talking with Sophie and Leona for an hour, until they all had to sleep. Silver asked a bunch of questions to them. She wanted to know every single thing about the amazing world she is in. but eventually, Sophie and Leona got tired and forced Silver to stop with her questions. She changed to her weird-looking pajamas. Apparently this is normal night clothes for old people. Well, they're not old yet, but in 2020 they are old, obviously. Most of them are probably dead in 2020. She shuddered, thinking about Sophie and Leona dead in 2020.

But, it's the hard truth of life. We can't stay forever. One unlucky but at the same time lucky day, we'll go, and pass away. We have to accept the nature of life. Of course, it's hard for us to accept this fact but, one person in this castle will try his hardest to defy this fact and to reject death. 

Tom Riddle. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this chapter is quite short but oh well.

anyways, how are you? I'm happy that you're here! <3