14

"Byeee!!" Sophie shouted at Silver. She told Sophie and Leona that her parents went on a business trip, so she had to stay. They felt really bad that Silver had to stay in the castle. But she assured them that she'll be fine, and that she's looking forward to exploring Hogwarts. That was true, but of course, she's not looking forward to having Tom around, without any of her friends.

They all waved at each other, and the train finally left. Silver clasped her hands behind her back and went back to the castle.

She walked around the halls, the sky slowly turning darker and darker by the minute. It was snowing out, but Silver didn't wear a coat, she was only wearing a shirt and some long pants.

Suddenly, she saw a figure in the corner of her eyes. Tom. He blankly stared at her. He was wearing a worn out-looking sweater. Silver raised her head. "Staying here for the holidays, Tom?" It was the first heartfelt and unforced thing Silver has said to Tom after about 2 months of silence between them. Tom looked surprised that she said something to him. He was leaning sideways on a large pole, looking great, even in the cold.

"You too?" Silver rubbed her palms together. She nodded.

Silver stood there awkwardly, looking at Tom. She wanted to ask him about his family, that he killed. "Did Malfoy go home?", Silver asked, just trying to make small talk. Tom nodded.

Silver stretched her arms. "Okay, this is awkward, uh, do you want to get hot chocolate from the kitchens or something?" Silver let out a cold breath. Tom narrowed his eyes at her, like he's suspicious. Ugh. "Come on, I'm being genuine!"

Tom straighten his posture and scoffed, "No." Silver groaned. Tom turned from her and walked, leaving an annoyed Silver behind. Silver was about to go towards the snow when Tom looked back at her.

"Well?" Silver turned to Tom and let out a confused sound. "Are you coming or not?!" Silver blinked, processing what he just said, and laughed. She ran towards him and together, they walked to the kitchens.

When they arrived, Silver greeted all of the elves, and requested for two hot chocolates. They welcomed her very nicely. She smiled at them. When she turned around, she saw Tom, sitting, looking disgustedly at her. She raised her eyebrows, until she remembered that Tom was a pureblood supremacist. Ugh, freak.

She walked up to Tom and sat beside him. He placed his elbows on the table. "You shouldn't act that way to them, you know?" Silver acted like she was oblivious. "Why?" Tom scoffed. "Because one day, they're going to feel like they're our equals."

"Well, they're still living beings with feelings, like us, so let's treat them like one instead of treating them like rocks." Tom sighed and played with his ring. Silver has seen it before, when they talked at the lake, but she didn't realize that it was the Gaunts' ring back then. It shined, looked expensive and beautiful.

Tom noticed her staring at his ring and put his hands down on the table. Their hot chocolate was served. Silver thanked the elves nicely. She took a sip, and so did Tom. Silver looked at his ring again and cleared her throat. "Uh, cool ring, where'd you get it?" He stared down at his ring and shrugged. "It was a gift." Silver put her glass down. "From who?"

He snapped his head to her. "None of your business."

Silver's starting to get very impatient. "From uncle Morfin, I'm guessing?"

Tom's body tensed.

"What do you mean, Prennington?" He asked with a low voice. Silver got nervous.

"I-I know you killed your own family, Tom Riddle."

He grabbed her arm and pulled her to him, making her chair lean sideways. Silver yelped. "You might want to be careful with your words, Prennington." Silver closed her eyes. "I... I can't believe what you did!"

Tom growled. He dragged Silver out of the kitchens, forgetting their hot chocolates. She protested, but Tom kept pulling her. He finally stopped in a deserted corridor. He grabbed her shoulders. "Tell me what you know."

Silver stood there with fear. "I, uhm-" He shook her shoulders. "Tell me... now."

Silver took a deep breath and told him everything that she knew happened. About him going to Little Hangleton, visiting the Gaunts' house, to him finding his uncle there and him going to the Riddles to kill them in cold blood with no mercy. She told him everything she knew, and focused on Neyda inside her thoughts, supporting her. When she's done, she focused back on him, and he looked bewildered. She had never told him anything that specific before, so he was surprised to say the least. But Tom also knew how dangerous it could be to have somebody else except him seeing his darkest secrets. Tom felt weaker, and he hated it, so so much.

Tom tighten his hold on Silver's shoulders and looked at her in the eyes. "You will tell no soul about what you just said to me." Silver bit her cheek. "O-okay."

Tom closed his eyes. Out of everyone who knows about what he's done, it's her. He must keep a close eye on her, he can't have any bit of information spilling out of her blabbering mouth.

Tom looked back to her, she looked fearful of him. Good, he thought. She should be scared in the first place.

He caressed her cheek. Silver froze. His fingers trailed from her cheek, to her neck, and her collarbone. Silver squirmed, she tried getting out of his grip, but he managed to hold her back. He got closer and exhaled right at her face, right when Silver inhaled.

Okay, this is getting weird.

Ney, I'm fucking scared.

Tom chuckled, seeing her so flustered.

"I can kill you right now."

Silver's eyes bulged. "I can fucking kill you and make sure you don't share my... secret." His face turned serious. "But I won't, not yet." Silver let out a breath of relief.

"Trust me, I have eyes everywhere, so if I hear you say something about ANY of this, you can bet I'll torture you into insanity." Tom grabbed her chin roughly. Silver nodded quickly. He sneered, and let her go.

-----

how's everyone doing? hope everyone's alright!

-Josephine