12

A while had passed since he threatened to hurt her friends. She hadn't talked much to Tom since. It's now already the middle of October. Silver sat down in front of the lake, watching the sunset by herself. She thought about everything she's done since she came here. Silver sighed. If she helped Tom and did all that he told her to do, she'll help him become an even worse monster, and Silver's not here for that. But if she kept defying him and rebelling, he'll hurt her and now, also the people that she cares for. Neyda told her to just thread lightly and just relax, that everything will work out. But honestly, Silver's having a hard time believing Neyda's words. She looked down at the black water of the lake, and gathered some of it in her palms, she then let it spill from her hands. Very therapeutic.

She suddenly felt someone behind her, and... she saw Abraxas. He didn't seem to notice her presence until he looked down at her, sitting on the grass. He looked a bit embarrassed and immediately walked away. But before he can get far, Silver called out to him. "Malfoy!" Abraxas Malfoy turned around and looked a bit confused. She smiled. "Come!"

He sighed and walked towards her with his hands inside his pockets. Silver pat the grass beside her, signaling him to sit down. He reluctantly sat down beside her. "What do you want?" Silver scoffed and turned to the lake. "Nothing, just wanted a friend to talk to." Dang, I'm a kind bitch.

Abraxas looked disgusted at her. "I'm not your friend and will never be, you're just filth under my shoes." Silver fell silent and laughed. "Okay, and?" Abraxas' face turned pink and he looked at the sky, like he didn't hear her. Silver dried her wet hands on her clothes and looked at Abraxas, who hasn't left his seating. Silver kind of felt bad for the boy, he's only like 15 right now, and he's the way he is because he's just brainwashed by his cynical family. He acted an awful lot like Draco Malfoy in the books. And Draco Malfoy was just a broken boy, in the wrong path. Maybe this Malfoy beside her is too.

Silver turned and stared at him, he looked annoyed. "What?" he asked rudely. Silver just shook her head. "How's it like living as a Malfoy?" Abraxas smiled smugly, he must've thought she was jealous of her or something. "It's everything you could never experience, mudblood." Silver rolled her eyes. "Yeah, like the incest, I'm sure."

Abraxas looked furious. Silver raised her hands to the air, "Hey, I'm just saying! It's true right!?" Abraxas was about to make a snarky and insulting comment, but he shut his mouth and shoved her until she fell on her back to the grass. "Shut up, Prennington, you know nothing about my family!" Silver sat back up and smiled a bit. "Then how's your family? Do they love you?" Abraxas rolled his eyes, "Of course my family loves me. Unlike yours , I bet." Silver absolutely pitied him now. He's lying to himself.

"My parents love me so much, Malfoy." Silver stopped. She can't believe what she just said. She almost laughed at herself. Her parents don't love her at all. In her fake reality they did, but her real parents didn't give a shit about her. But Silver can bet that Malfoy's parents are just the same as hers, the difference is, the Malfoys had money and wanted to keep up their perfect image, unlike the Hernades, who didn't give a shit about what people thought of them, and who are basically dead in Silver's eyes.

"You can't even make yourself look like you meant what you said, Prennington!" Silver snapped her head up. Her smile went back up and she leant into him. "You can't either." Malfoy froze and looked at her in fury.

"Ehem." Silver quickly leaned back and turned her head to her left. It was Tom, of course it was. Looking embarrassed, Abraxas Malfoy stood up, muttered some kind of greeting to Tom, and left. Pfft.

Silver gave Tom a crooked smile. Tom looked at her plainly. "Prennington, I would rather my knights not be romantically involved with each other, it would be distracting, don't you think?" Tom said that and sat at the place where Abraxas sat before. Silver scoffed. "Of course, I'm marrying him next week." Tom looked at her like she was crazy. Silver rolled her eyes. "It was joke, damn it!" Tom narrowed his eyes at her. "What did you say to him?"

"You must think I tried to brainwash him or something, but Tom, he's already brainwashed by his ridiculous family anyway!" Tom cracked his knuckles. "I mean, since he was probably little, his family already implanted in his head that muggleborns are dumb, and evil, and so he'll spend his whole life believing so. Brainwashing at its finest." Tom raised his eyebrows at her. "But it's true, don't you think?" , he asked her. Silver pulled her knees to her chest and laid her head on it. "It's going to ruin him, Tom." She scoffed and put her arms to the ground. "And I mean, how could you ask me that anyway? I'm a muggle, do you honestly think I'll agree with you!?"

Tom smirked. "Excluding you of course." Silver stayed silent, letting him speak. "Don't you see what they're doing? They're declaring wars against each other over the littlest things, building weapons that are going to be their downfall. They are the one that's going to ruin us if we let them." Silver let out a breath and shrugged. "Those things are true, and I hate that it is but that's not all of the muggles. All the muggles around me are kindhearted and cares about each other. You can't just put all of them into the same group." Tom scoffed, toying with his wand. Silver looked at the sky and took a deep breath. "All of us, wizards and muggles, squibs and centaurs, we're all capable of both good and bad, and that's on period." Tom looked confusedly at her. "I-I meant that, what I said is true."

He shook his head. "It's just a muggle's nature to be stupid and selfish."

Silver tried not to laugh. "You're selfish too, no offense."

He touched the grass and chuckled. "Me? I'm just here trying to make a better world for wizards and witches everywhere." Silver finally laughed. "By killing all muggles? Like me?" Tom raised his head and looked at her. He hated that she just can't shut up for one second, that she's so damn annoying.

"If that is what it takes to achieve a better world, then I'll do it."

Tom stood up, and walked away. Silver shouted to him, "You're just hurt, Tom!" Tom sneered and turned to her. Silver smiled and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. She then shrugged.

Tom wouldn't lie, with the shining ripples of the lake behind her, and the sunset creating some sort of shine and halo around her body,

She looked like an angel.

Tom blinked. And that's why she doesn't belong here.