16

Tom walked beside her to the castle. They didn't talk at all. Silver looked at a little boy in the corner of her eye, he was playing with some sort of candy? He laughed with his friends until it bounces off his hands and rocketed right.at.her. Silver jumped and her body hit Tom's. Convenient. Her body collided with his and his back hit an angry looking old lady.

Silver winced and looked at Tom's flustered face. Tom quickly dusted off his coat and apologized sweetly at the lady, she melted at his words. Typical. He gave a glare to the boy, who now looked terrified and he ran away with his goons. Silver let out a loud laugh, before she was pulled away by the back of her neck by Tom. He let go of her and they continued walking in silence, with a couple of laughter coming out of Silver's mouth. It's about time something slightly embarrassing happened to the perfect boy.

Everyone was back, it's a new year, and school has started. A week ago, it was Tom's birthday. Silver tried finding him everywhere but he was nowhere to be seen. His loss. She was going to treat him with some butterbeer but whatever. Silver was quite pissed off because of that. She's barely seen him since Christmas. Now it's already a week of starting school, and everything was pretty chill. Sophie kept telling her about her kind mother and father, also about her beloved grandparents. Silver won't lie, that made her jealous, but she has accepted that this is her life, it's fun and exciting, and she's grateful enough for it.

Tom hasn't arranged a meeting yet, and he also hasn't been asking her about visions and all that stuff. He's definitely up to something. He always looks like he's in deep thought lately, wonder what he'd do. Silver didn't have the answer to that, well, until Neyda told her that he'll kill Myrtle this year. Shocker.

Silver is almost 100 percent sure that Tom's planning on releasing the Basilisk, petrifying students and killing an innocent girl. She is determined to safe Myrtle from her tragic fate. So when she's free from classes and saw her sitting all alone under a tree, Silver approached her.

"Hello there." 

Myrtle snapped her head up at Silver and wiped her tears. "What!?" Silver smiled awkwardly. "Uh, are you okay?" Myrtle narrowed her eyes at her. She stomped her foot on the grass. "Do I look like I'm okay!?" Silver jumped a bit. Okay. "What's your name? I'm Silver Prennington, nice to meet you." Silver stuck her hand out to shake Myrtle's hands. She looked confused that someone was trying to be nice to her. Silver felt bad for this girl. "I-I'm Myrtle Warren." She hesitantly grabbed Silver's hand and shook it.

Silver smile's brightened. "Pretty name!" Myrtle gleamed at the older girl. Silver cleared her throat, she felt someone watching her. Tom. Silver looked away from him immediately.

"So, why were you crying, Myrtle?" Her face turned gloomy and she sulked. "Olive Hornby and her stupid gang won't leave me alone!!" screamed Myrtle.

Silver touched her shoulders, trying to console the girl. "Hey hey, it's fine."

"FINE!?" Myrtle stared at Silver ridiculously and put her face back in her hands. She sobbed. Silver gaped, she was quite prepared to face the dangers of Tom, but she wasn't prepared for THIS. "No! of course it's not fine! What I was trying to say is that I'll be your friend! I'll help you!" Myrtle huffed, her face was wet from her tears. "You should just probably go back to your boyfriend! I know you don't want to be my friend, liar!!" she screamed at Silver.

"What? I am not fake! And boyfriend? What do you mean?!" Silver threw her hands up in the air. She can't give up though, because Myrtle might be annoying, but Silver still wouldn't want her to die. "Everyone knows you're dating the Slytherin prefect! You're probably just as bad as those Slytherins!!" Silver was speechless. How can she ever converse with this girl!? And Tom as her boyfriend?

Silver crossed her arms and took a deep breath, she needs to be patient. "Myrtle, look at my robes, I'm a Hufflepuff, and I truly mean well." Myrtle stopped sobbing and looked up at her. "Really?" Silver grinned. "Yes, of course!" Myrtle blushed. She then looked down again. Oh no.

"But... why!?"

Silver smiled warmly. This girl is too used to being hated and bullied by everyone that it's hard for her to believe that someone actually wants to be her friend. "Because-"

She was about to answer Myrtle when a hand creeped around her waist. Silver jumped in surprise. She looked to her right, and saw Tom smiling politely at Myrtle. Myrtle's face looked scared, knowing that Tom probably heard what she said about Slytherins. "Ms. Warren, do you mind if I steal Silver away for a bit?"

Myrtle nodded fearfully and ran away without even looking back at Silver. Silver's mouth was wide open. 

She tried prying his hands off her waist, but his grip stays there and he pulled her away with him. Everybody watched, even that Olive Hornby girl, who was trying to give Tom some kind of note. She looked furiously at Silver, ugh, do all the girls in Hogwarts want this evil monster? After a while of walking, Tom let go of her.

"Why the fuck would you do that!?" asked Silver in disbelief. Tom's face turned angry and sinister. "Why would YOU do that?" She rolled her eyes when she understood what he was talking about. "Pleading to be friends with a mudblood like that Warren girl?! What were you thinking!?" Silver opened her mouth but she was cut off by Tom, "She's even worse than the others, Prennington. She does nothing but cry and moan." Ironic, moaning myrtle. "She-she looked... I don't know, sad! And lonely. I'm just trying to be a decent human being."

Tom clenched his jaw. He gripped his robes tightly. "No, you can't! Did you forget that you work for me? You are under MY orders, you may not do anything that I don't want you to do." Silver let out a breath of annoyance. "I don't even want to work for you! You forced me!" Tom snapped. He grabbed her wrist and gripped it tightly. "But you can't do anything about it, can you?" He whispered those words to her like he was spitting out venom. He looked to his right and from where they were standing, they can see Silver's friends, talking to each other near the great hall. Silver gulped. Tom sensed her uneasiness and he looked at her maliciously.

"Pathetic little fools, wonder how they'd look after an unforgivable." Silver tried letting her wrist out of his deathly grip. "don't you dare do anything to them!" Tom laughed. "If you don't want me to harm them, then maybe you should've thought before doing stupid actions." Silver panted. She shook her head. "This is the last, I- I promise."

Tom took her words into consideration and let goof her wrist. Silver sighed, she rubbed her wrist and closed her eyes.