28

Even though the Halloween Ball was over, people were still talking about it. People either blush and dream about their dates, or gossip about Silver and Tom.

 "Did you see her last night!?" 

"Ugh, the way she just climbed on him like that." 

"Such an attention seeker." 

"Poor Druella, her boyfriend got stolen by that girl." 

Silver groan and ran through the corridors of the castle.

She just finished Herbology, and now she sat in the library. She had nothing to do so she figured it would be best if she tried to read the books here, maybe it could help her with something in the future or whatever. The books were really boring though, even the storybooks were hard to understand and Silver found herself ignoring the books she took, she ended up just staring at all the titles. Suddenly, she heard some voices.

She looked up and around, trying to see the source when she saw a group of girls whispering to each other while glancing at her. Silver made eye contact with one of them and the girl quickly looked away. They moved a bit further from each other and pretended to read. Silver sneered. 

Losers.

Silver remembered how Druella was when they walked past each other. She tripped Silver, and Silver fell in front of everyone. She wasn't that embarrassed though, because it was just a small fall to her knees. Sometimes Silver wonder why Druella is like this. Silver gets that she's jealous, Druella has been crushing on Tom for so long, just like the other girls. And Druella grew up in a wicked pure-blooded family, so maybe it wasn't her fault that she's so mean. Silver nodded to herself and promised herself that she'd be a bit more understanding to Black or whatever.

Silver stood up. The group of girls whispered once more. Silver sighed and walked to them. They quickly leaned back and looked down at their books. Silver smiled. "What are you talking about?" They looked up at her. "Uh, nothing, just studying." The others nodded. Silver nodded as well. She turned around and rolled her eyes.

Alfred was pacing in the Hufflepuff Common Room in his quidditch gear. He tries out in 30 minutes and he is a wreck. Alfred stopped by at the Hufflepuff common room to calm himself down or something.

"Hey, Alfred! It will be fine!" Sophie said to him. Alfred ignored her. Leona threw a pillow from the couch to him. Alfred stopped and faced Leona. "You.will.be.fine!" Alfred groaned into his hands and sat on the floor. "I've tried getting in for so long! What is wrong with me?" Silver shrugged and Leona sighed. "Nothing is wrong with you! It wasn't your time last year and the one before that, whatever happens, you will still live!" Alfred shook his head. "No, if I fail again, then I will stop living!" Sophie giggled and threw another pillow at him, it landed on his face. Alfred huffed and threw the pillow back at her.

A few minutes later, Alfred went to the pitch. Silver, Sophie, and Leona went too and sat down on one of the stands to support him. The Gryffindors gathered and the captain seemed to be telling people on the pitch what to do. Alfred looked over to them and they gave him a thumbs up. Alfred was trying out to be seeker, so he had to catch the snitch. The captain let out the barely noticeable golden ball and let it flutter into the air. It whizzed away. A few seconds later, Alfred sped on his broom, trying to catch the snitch as fast as possible. There were 2 other people trying to catch the snitch too. Alfred flew around, trying to catch sight of the snitch. Silver, Sophie and Leona just stayed silent and watched, because Leona told them that Alfred becomes more nervous if he's being cheered on.

A minute went by, and somebody saw the snitch, Alfred quickly flew over to the snitch, so did the others. The three of them bumped each other, trying to get to it first. They had their hands in the front, trying so hard to have the snitch in their grasps. Suddenly, a whistle was blown. Alfred flew to the air and cheered. He caught it, finally. Sophie jumped and screamed. Silver clapped her hands very excitedly and Leona yelled his name. Alfred flew down, laughing.

The three of them ran down as fast as they can and hugged the new Gryffindor seeker. Alfred had tears in his eyes. 

"I-I made it!!"

Today is Alfred's first match, he practiced every single day, Silver barely seen him outside class. The Gryffindors will compete against the Slytherins. Silver didn't really know how the match really goes in real life, she has never been to one match. Leona and Sophie wasn't really interested in quidditch. But of course they'll come today, to support their friend. Alfred told them that the Slytherin team were really rough so he was worried. Sophie kept making sure if he was okay, turns out in 1st year, Alfred beat up Malfoy for picking on Sophie, and he always made sure that she was safe. Silver thought it was really sweet that their friendship is still really strong.

Alfred went to the pitch and a few minutes later, the three went there too. All the stands were packed and crowded, but Silver made sure they stood in the front, so they can see everything clearly. The teams walked into sight and the captains shook each other's hands roughly, showing their distaste of each other. Malfoy smirked at Alfred mockingly, Alfred clenched his jaw. They were both seekers for their team. This isn't going to end well.

The whistle was blown, and Silver found it very hard to catch up with. Everyone was moving, doing their own thing, so Silver mainly focused on Alfred. Malfoy kept pestering Alfred, trying to get on his nerves. After a while, Alfred zoomed away, turns out he saw the snitch. Malfoy's expression fell and he tailed behind Alfred. Malfoy obviously underestimated Alfred because he's failed getting into the team multiple times. But Alfred had been practicing really hard, and he's really good, at least in Silver's opinion.

Alfred and Abraxas kept bumping into each other, Alfred almost fell off his broom. Sophie shrieked and Leona jumped in her place. Everyone was now focused on the two competitive seekers. The Gryffindors looked impressed that Alfred is doing really well. A few minutes passed, and Alfred fell off his broom. Silver screamed, Leona and Sophie did too. Alfred groaned very loudly. Malfoy just zoomed off. The three friends ran down and tried to get to Alfred. Suddenly, Alfred raised his hand. He had the snitch.

The Gryffindors jumped and screamed happily. Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws clapped. The Slytherins whined and left.

"Alfred!! What broke!?" Silver yelled to him. Alfred shouted, "EVERYTHING!" The professors came and levitated him up. He had a big smile on his face. "I fucking won!" Leona grinned and Sophie kept jumping. The professors took him away. Suddenly, Abraxas Malfoy came up to them angrily.

"He was only able to get the snitch because of my push!" 

Sophie's face fell and she looked angry. "Well that's just sad, don't you think?" Abraxas looked quite shocked at Sophie. He scoffed. "No, I'm happy that your little friend finally has something to be proud of." Sophie took a deep breath, she turned away. But before she can even walk away, Abraxas said something that irked her very much. "Mudbloods think they have authority." Sophie turned back again and sees the Slytherins laughing. She fumed. Silver looked at her furious friend.

"Whatever you're thinking about, do it." Silver whispered to Sophie. Sophie thought for a second and she marched to Abraxas. Abraxas crossed his arms and smirked. Before another hurtful word can escape his mouth, Sophie punched him. Over and over. He was now on the grass, with Sophie on top of him, still punching him. Abraxas yelled. Leona let out a laugh and Silver felt very proud of Sophie. Silver burst into laughter.

Silver finally walked to Sophie and touched her shoulders. Sophie snapped out of it and stood up. She looked down at Abraxas' bruised face and Sophie didn't know if she should laugh or apologize. The Slytherins froze. Abraxas groaned. Silver chuckled and let out her hand. "Get up babe."

Malfoy's cheeks reddened and he stood up on his own. He wiped the blood off his face and his eyes were filled with so much anger. Sophie stepped back. "You'll pay for this, mudbloods!" Silver gave him a sarcastic smile. "For your information, Leona is not a muggleborn, but-" Abraxas clenched his jaw and punched Silver, hard. Leona and Sophie gasped. Silver laid on the grass, she laughed, really laughed. She looked up at Abraxas and smiled. Abraxas kicked her side and she whined in pain. Silver stood up and with her remaining energy, she slapped Malfoy's cheek. He winced. 

"Better luck in the next match, or not."

With that, Silver ran, grabbing her two best friends, laughing and groaning in pain.