Chapter 20 : Intimidation

Friday finally arrived. Took too long in Jean's opinion but it's finally here. For the first time in two years he would see Ikemoto. Not that he was thrilled in the slightest but still, beating him would be the first step towards being the best and honestly speaking he was very much looking forward to it.

Maybe too forward. They were to meet at the court before leaving and he was there thirty minutes earlier than the given time.

Dammit, no one is even here.

"I guess we were both too excited after all", a voice called out.

Jean looked to the side and saw Finn approaching him.

Why am I not surprised.

"Morning", Jean greeted.

"Yeah morning", he replied while stifling a yawn.

The two sat in silence for a couple of minutes before Finn decided to break the ice.

"Can I have Hitch's number?"

"The hell?!!"

"I'm kidding. No need to get so worked up", Finn laughed.

"Tch. Don't joke around like that. I don't like it", Jean replied.

"Relax. You really think I'll go into another man's territory?"

Jean blushed a bit at the 'another man's territory' part.
"Well you're certainly right about that", he replied.

"Y'know, we've never had a conversation before or have we?", Finn asked.

"Nah I don't think so", Jean said.

"I see. Well then, let this be our first official conversation", Finn spoke with a smile and a nod.

Jean chuckled a bit but also nodded back to him as a response.

"Anyway, have you two done the deed?"

"Ryder", Jean warned.

"I'm kidding geez. Don't get your panties in a twist."

"Looks like someone wants a broken nose before we leave", Jean cracked his knuckles and advanced towards Finn.

"Ho? Be my guest", Finn replied and stood up as well.

"You know I'm down if there's a fight", Eren and Armin walked into the scene just as they were about to punch each other.

"It's the maniac", Jean said, "how glorious it is to grace us with your presence"

Eren's eyes twitched and he dropped his bag and quickly landed a solid punch on Jean's jaw.

"Bastard", and Jean returned the blow to Eren's stomach. Finn quietly excluded himself from the fight and sat back down on the bench.

"I never did expect you to get in a fight", Armin said to him emphasizing on the 'you'.

"What can I say", Finn shrugged, "you need to let off some steam form time to time".

"Only you guys", Armin replied, "though I wish they would get along sometimes".

"Don't worry. This is just their own way of getting along. But- oh shit"

Armin looked in the same direction as Finn and saw Mikasa giving two solid hits to both Eren and Jean.

"What the fuc-"

"Don't cuss Eren", Mikasa said.

Both boys were gasping in pain and momentarily stopped their fighting.