Chapter 13 : Preparation

Armin's mind was still in peril at the thought of asking Annie out. He knew he wanted to but at the same time he was also nervous. He finally made his decision with a steel resolve to go through with it. He would ask her during their study session today since he wouldn't have time for the next few days due to the games he and the team were going to.

"Armin? Is something the matter?", Annie asked him noticing how fidgety he was.

"N-no I'm fine. Just thinking", he replied.

"Aren't you always", she shot back.

"Yeah", he said sheepishly, "let's continue, so you see if you take x from the variable then the equation.."

He continued his explanation though Annie knew something in particular was on his mind she didn't comment on it.

"And that's how it's solved", Armin finished.

"I see, if you don't mind could we take a break. I have to process all these stuff you've just said"

"Sure no problem", he replied.

As Annie took out her book to jot down a few things Armin proceeded to ask her the question.

"Soanniewouldyouliketogoonadatewithme"

"What?", Annie looked up from her book astonished and a bit red in the face at what she heard. Not sure she heard correctly since he spoke too fast, she asked again,

"What did you say Armin?"

"I-I s-sa-said w-would you like to go on a date with me?. I-I know I'm not the most handsome guy out there and i know this isn't the way to ask but w-would you? N-no never mind sorry I as-"

"I'd like to"

"Yeah I shouldn't have asked. Wait what?"

"Sometimes you should really calm down you know. I said I'd like to go on a date with you", Annie told him with a small blush coating her cheeks and staring directly at him.

O-oh wow. You would go on a date with me?"

"I was never interested in dating or relationships till I met you that is. I'm gonna be forward with this", she took a sharp breath, "I like you Armin a lot and I wouldn't mind going on a date with you".

Armin was shocked at the sudden confession she made. He knew Annie was straightforward with her feelings but he didn't know she could be this open. He didn't know when but he found himself smiling with a heavy blush on his face.

"I-i Really like you too and would it be okay if I took you out tomorrow?"

"Sure I'll be looking forward to it", she replies giving him a small sincere smile.

I did it, I actually did it. But where am I gonna take her to.

And thus another set of problems began.

"Pffft", Eren spat out his drink.

"What the heck man?", Connie took a napkin and cleaned the table.

"Sorry about that. But Armin you what?!"

"Yes Eren", Armin replied with a hint of annoyance for repeating himself, "I asked her and she said yes".

"I knew you had it in ya but for you to do it so soon, you really are bold", Eren said.

"At least we don't have to give him the extra push anymore", Connie chimed in.

"Maybe we have to give you the extra push with Sasha. How does that sound?", Armin shot back.

"Just kidding", Connie replied sporting a blush.

"Now that you've asked her, where are you taking her?"

"That's what I came to ask you guys. I want to make this special. It's going to her first date and I want to make it memorable for her", Armin replied.

"In that case let's get going. We'll look around and maybe go out to get some stuff for ya", Eren said with enthusiasm, "Connie you coming?".

"Nah Sasha and I were going to look at some paintings in the art gallery. Tell me about it when you get back", Connie replied.

"Sure thing. We'll see you later", they said and left the building.

"So you're going out with Armin", Mikasa spoke more like a statement than a question.

"What of it?", Annie replied back.

"Nothing, just don't hurt him", Mikasa said.

"It's becoming really annoying you know", Annie replied, "when you keep saying I shouldn't hurt him. I know you're protective of him but he isn't a child. He's free to make his own decisions".

"He's gotten his heart broken before and I'll be damned if it should happen again", Mikasa slammed her gym locker shut.

"I'm not going to hurt Armin if that's what you're worried about. I could never forgive myself if I did but why are you so concerned? It's just one date and we're not in high school. Except you've got some kind of relationship going on between both  Eren and Armin", Annie said with a monotone voice.

"W-What no! Why would you say something like that?", her last statement made Mikasa want to puke, "look Annie", she faced her, "Armin is my best friend more like a brother to Eren and I. He's the reason why we are  together in the first place. He's helped us a lot ever since we met and honestly we wouldn't be here if it wasn't for Armin. He's been through a lot and I don't want to see him sad anymore. He seems to be happy with you that's why I'm not too worried"

"Well there's nothing to worry about. I understand where you're coming from but like I said I'm not going to hurt Armin".

"I'll take your word or rather Armin's for it", Mikasa concluded.

"Whatever suits", Annie replied nonchalantly, "Sooo you aren't in a threesome right?"

"What the fuck Leonhart!".

"I think you should go with this light blue dress. I think it suits you perfectly".

Annie has no idea how she entered this mess but she was sure to kill whoever told Historia and Mina that she was going out with Armin.

"Cmon relax Annie. It's your first date at least let's get you a dress", Historia lifted the dresses and handed it to Mina.

Apart from Armin, Mina was the next closest person to Annie so it was only fair she knew about it.

"Don't forget your gonna get shoes and your hair done", Mina said.

Just what have I gotten myself into, Annie hung her head as she lamented.

Another chapter done . Thank you all for reading and as usual reviews and criticism are appreciated so feel free to do so.
That's all for now and I'll see you all in the next chapter. Bye 👋.