Chapter 21 : Payback

"Where the hell are you guys coming from?", Levi questioned them.

"Sorry, we were just taking a breather", Eren replied on behalf of Jean and himself.

"Whatever just get moving. The others are waiting for you"

They nodded and ran off to meet their teammates.

"Though you say that, you were worried weren't you?", Hanji teased.

"Shut it four eyes"

She kissed the top of his head purposely fueling his anger to unspoken heights.
Mike and Erwin only sighed at was to come.

                              ...

"Let's have a good game!!", the two teams bowed at each other.

The referee blew the whistle and threw the jump ball.

Both Eren and Ikemoto jumped. Eren got the ball and hit it towards Bertholdt. Bertholdt caught it and shot a three immediately into the basket.

"A shot from that distance?!", "Amazing!!", the crowd shouted.

"Alright let's keep the pace", Marco said.

The captain of the other team, number 19, passed the ball to Curt, a young adult with shaggy hair. He moved forward towards the basket but was intercepted by Jean.
With the ball in his left hand he did a crossover between his legs while shifting his stance to the right. Jean followed him but at the last moment he passed the ball to Ikemoto at his back with his right hand. Ikemoto ran with Thomas right by his side. He stopped abruptly making Thomas lose his ground, did a sidestep and shot the ball into the ring.

He's strong, was the first thought that came to Armin. Armin was on the bench with Finn, Reiner and Connie.

"So, what do you think?", Levi asked him. Mike and Erwin weren't with them at that moment. They were watching the match in the section provided for the head coaches and their assistants.

"He's good", Armin told him, "his fundamental skills are above average at the very least but it's obvious that he's not going all out".

"What do you suggest?"

"I think we should continue as planned, to have Bertholdt in the enemy's territory", he said.

"What about the other team members?"

"They're also good but the skill difference between them and their ace is very clear. However, I think we should keep an eye on number 11 and 5".

Levi raised an eyebrow at this.

"I noticed they have been together all this while and have not done anything significant but, they've been keeping up with Eren and Jean's speed"

Connie and Reiner looked at him.

"So what your saying is?"

"Yes. Leaving Ikemoto aside they are the most dangerous people in this game"

"Rebound!"

Eren caught the rebound and passed to Jean who shot a three.

Score 9:7.

Curt had possession of the ball. He was  within the two pointer range and tried to shoot but Eren jumped and blocked him. Thomas caught the ball and passed it behind him. Marco received it and encountered number 5.
Marco with his eagle-like vision quickly calculated his timing and angle. He used his left arm to prevent number 5 from getting the ball. He crossed the ball to his left side behind him and gave an elbow pass to the open space beside him.