Chapter 6 : Meeting her again

It's been two days since the practice match and Armin and Eren were still exhausted along with the others. They've been caught at least twice sleeping in lectures and had to collect notes from their course mates in order to fully understand the course topics.

Presently, Armin was in the library reading up on a research project given to his class by their lecturer.
As he was reading, a chair pulled up beside him. He turned to his left and saw Annie sitting beside him pulling out a book from her backpack.
"Hello Annie"
"Mm", she looked up, "oh hey Armin"
"You didn't see me"
"I don't know. In all honesty I didn't notice you were there"
"I'm so tired that people don't even notice me", he said tiredly
"I see you're still drained from the practice game. It's expected from the way you guys played. I'm sure it was hell", she replied
"Yeah. So what are you doing here?", Armin questioned
"I'm here to study obviously", Annie replied
"Ugh sorry I know, I meant like you know-"
"I'm doing some studying for my math 101 lecture", she cut him off
"Oh. May I ask why?", Armin asked
"Is there anything wrong with studying a topic that you didn't understand?", she questioned back
"Too damn nosy", she said again
"S-sorry. My curiosity got the better of me."
Annie took a glance at him before sighing, "Stop saying sorry. Have more confidence in yourself"
Armin looked up at her, "o-okay".

They sat in silence for over 30 minutes each engrossed in their books and assignments.
Armin couldn't help taking side glances at her as they worked, the way she would tilt her head to the side when she's stuck on a question, or the way she bit her lower lip when repeating an equation, Armin thought it was cute not that he was going to say it out loud or anything.
"Quit staring. Pervert"
"I-I'm s-sorry", Armin squeaked, "b-but I'm not a p-pervert".
"Then why were you staring", Annie asked
"I-I w-was w-well I-I. I-it's just that you're really p-pretty", Armin said
This caught Annie off guard but she did her best to suppress the blush that was forming on her face
"Well don't make it so obvious. You're like a creep", Annie said with a faint blush.
"Sorry".
The two stayed in comfortable silence for the next few minutes that is until Armin started debating within himself whether or not he should start another conversation, To his surprise Annie spoke up first.
"Um Armin, I know you're busy but could you run me through this. I don't understand"
"Of course", Armin replied.
For the next 20 minutes Armin tutored Annie explaining to her in simple terms, correcting her errors, making sure she understood the topics.
On Annie's part she felt at ease with Armin's voice. To her his voice was calm, sure and firm as he explained to her. She might not admit it but she liked his voice.
"...and that is how the question is solved", Armin concluded.
"Oh thank you. It seems easier now that you've explained it", she said.
"You're welcome", he replied back.
Within the next couple of minutes Armin was done with his project. He sat back and debated on whether or not he should leave Annie. He didn't want to leave her but he didn't want to make her uncomfortable either.
"It's your decision you know. I won't be offended if you left", she said not looking up from her work.
"No I'll stay. I don't really have anything else to do anyway", Armin replied
"Armin you don't have to stay. You really need your rest", she said in a firm tone
"I know but look at it this way. If I go back I'll probably sleep off and I'll have nothing to do since Connie and Marco are still having lectures but if I'm here I'll be resting and keeping you company at the same time which is a lot better than doing nothing", Armin replied.
"I guess talking won't do the trick. What if I beat your ass and sent you back by force would you go then?", she questioned with a blank expression.
"I-i w-wait what? No never mind I just want to stay here w- with you", Armin replied whispering the last part, "but if you really don't want me here then I'll take my leave".
As he stood up with his things to go, he felt a small tug at his sleeve
"D-don't go", Annie whispered while turning her head away from him
"What did you say? I didn't hear you",
"I'm not repeating myself", Annie said
Armin let out a small chuckle at her unusual behavior and sat down back on the seat
"Sorry if I sounded pushy", Armin apologized
"I-it's okay and I told you to stop saying  sorry", she replied.
Till Annie finished they just stayed together enjoying each other's company and occasionally making idle chat to pass the time. When Annie completed her work they talked about a lot of things with Armin doing most of the talking and Annie listening to him.
"and that's how we met basically", Armin concluded.
"That's nice", she replied
"Annie, what do think of them like you know Eren, Mikasa and the rest. You aren't really lively when with them like you are now"
"Don't know. Maybe I feel more comfortable around you than them"
"But you can't just be aloof what about Reiner and Bertholt you're friends with them right?"
"That's different"
"I don't want to pry but why don't you want to be closer to others"
"Nosy shit", she muttered loud enough for him to hear, "It's my nature I guess"
"I don't agree. If it's really your nature then you won't be friends with me"
"So we're friends?"
"Of course. If we weren't why would you tell me to stay back?"
"S-shut up", Annie said blushing a bit
"But Annie can you do this for me, try to interact with Eren and the others. I'm sure you'll like them"
"I didn't say they're not nice or anything what I'm saying is that I'm the one who isn't. You do know the term 'lone wolf' that's exactly what I am"
"It doesn't matter. Really no one can be alone forever. One day you'll eventually have to socialize"
"You do know you're pissing me off right?"
"I-i do?"
He's a bit scared. Geez, Annie thought
"Sorry if I scared you. I've never talked to anyone like this", she said
"N-no it's okay but I'd rather not have you kicking my ass because I offended you too much", Armin said.
They continued to talk and share experiences between themselves until Annie's phone rang with a notification.
"Hmm, I guess it's time for me to hit the gym", she said.
"Why are y-"
"I have kickboxing practice", she said cutting him off already knowing what he wanted to ask
"Guess it's you and Mikasa then"
"How good is Mikasa?"
"Hehe", Armin gulped, "t-t-to good if you ask me"
"Really?", asked Annie who was smirking a bit at Armin's behavior
"Y-yeah"
"I guess maybe I'll have fun when sparring her"
"Have fun? Right. Just don't get hurt", Armin told her truthfully
"I'll be fine".
They took up their things and left the library, walking in comfortable silence as they headed towards the gym.
"Alright Annie. I guess I'll see you tomorrow?", Armin asked
"Maybe. It was fun talking to you"
"O-oh then I'll see you tomorrow"
"Yeah"
"Yeah"
Although they said that the two didn't move from their positions. They stared into each other's eyes searching until
"Hey you guys"
They were cut off by Anna and Historia who had amused smiles on their faces.
"O-oh hey", Armin replied nervously.
Annie on the other hand returned to her neutral, bored expression.
"Welll we'll see ya", they both said and walked away giggling.
"That was awkward", Armin said
"No shit"
"Well I don't want to keep you waiting. I've already delayed you. See you tomorrow Annie", Armin said while walking away.
"Yeah. See ya", Annie whispered and entered the gym.

Another chapter done . Before I continue lemme apologize deeply for not updating on time. Some stuff went down which I had to take care of coupled with the heavy storm that caused a blackout at where I'm staying causing me to update late. Luckily no one was injured (sweet relief).
Anyway as usual comments and criticism are appreciated so feel free to do so in the comments section. I promise on my pride as a knb and Aot fan to update on time and make this book as interesting as I can make it to be.
Well that's all and I'll see you all 👋👋 in the next chapter.
(Next chapter : 7th Of May)