Chapter 32 : Delinquency

"Levi, are you seeing this?"

"I'm not blind, and I'm definitely not so old that I'll start seeing things. This is real."

Wide-eyed and in disbelief, Levi and Mike stood from their seats, staring at the moment that was occurring right before their very eyes.

Erwin himself was fully alert, despite the calm demeanour he seemingly portrayed.

"This is real, isn't it?" Thomas exclaimed. The boy just couldn't understand what it meant. It was baffling to say in the least, that Finn could achieve the Mock Zone.

But it wasn't just him. Hanji, Petra, Isabel, and the players on the bench, were equally just as astonished. On the court, however, it was a different matter.

"Ryder, you..."

The lazy smirk never left the boy's face. Slowly, he placed his index finger on his mouth and cocked his head slightly to the right.

"Shhhh, there's no time to speak. It'll be all over soon."

Those were the last words Oluo heard before feeling a cool wind pass him by.

"What the hell!"

"What in the world?!!"

"Oh my God!"

The ball wasn't in Oluo's hand anymore. Faster than the eye can see, as if time stopped, the next thing they all saw, was Finn doing a layup and the ball smoothly entering into the net.

Isabel fell to her seat on the bench as she witnessed this extraordinary play. "This, this can't be happening."

There was nothing to be doubt about what had just happened. The painful reality creeped into their skin, making their blood crawl with a fearful emotion.

Eld, however, chose not to stand for this. As Finn walked back to his side of the court, he grabbed the ball and threw it at the back of Oluo's head.

"Ouch! What the hell?!"

"Stop spacing out. And that goes to the rest of you!"

Eld's voice brought his teammates all to their senses. Oluo, Gunther, Moblit, and Farlan, brought their attention to their captain with serious looks on their faces.

"It's a scary thought, I know. This is what we wanted, for them to achieve this level of skill. But that's not why you're concerned, is it?"

They nodded their heads in the affirmative.

"I know what we're all thinking; Ryder was holding back on us. From the look of things, he's not new to the Mock Zone. In fact, he's mocking us for thinking it was something special. This is no longer just a game, it's come to be a battle of our pride. That's the real problem here, am I right?"

"Yeah, you are. It doesn't sit well with me that he knew all along and was playing us for fools. That's... a very villainous action."

They all agreed with Gunther.

"Alright men," Eld said. "Let's show these youngsters what their seniors are truly capable of."

"Yeah!!!"

...

"Those guys are really revving themselves up, huh. Plus we only have less than five minutes."

Eren turned to the two-shaded-haired male by his side, not at all amused by the current situation.

"Of course they are. But I don't even know what is going on anymore. This was supposed to be a practice game, but he turned it into something worse."