Chapter 1: Welcome to Trost College

Trost College, a prestigious university not only known for academic success but for excellence in sports as well.
The college had won various trophies in various sports such as Football, Soccer, Volleyball, Tennis, and also Basketball.
In this school, Basketball is the regarded with great importance. It was once said that the founder Ymir Fritz was a legendary basketball player who once took the country to victory in the international games but as a result over exerted herself and came back with a severe injury. This led to Ymir founding a school in the Trost district which would stand out and make a difference in both the academic and sports field.

There was more to the school than what met the eye. It's said that the school was not only successful but also had legendary players who graduated from it and came back to become teachers and coaches. In other words, the school is made up of the best professionals it could offer. There were also distinguished people and students who were well talented in not only sports and academics but also in other aspects such as martial arts, catering, musicianship amongst many others.

All these thoughts running through the head of Armin was just the least of his worries.
Today will be the resumption day of all students and freshmen into the prestigious college and Armin being the guy that he is was a bit worried about entering the college. Armin, Armin Arlert, was a very sociable guy, intelligent, nice, and fairly good looking. He and his best friends, Mikasa Ackerman and Eren Jaeger, were freshmen who like others will be starting the new year in college today. Each of them achieved one scholarship or the other to enter this amazing university. While Eren got a scholarship because of his basketball skills, Mikasa got a scholarship on basis of both her academic performance and her martial arts performance while Armin got a scholarship on his academic and basketball performance something that only a few people achieved in the last couple of years not that Armin minded but this year was an exception as there were not one but two freshmen from the same district who entered as a basis of both academics and basketball performance. Armin was one of them along with a dude called Finn Taiga or Ryder...whoever he was.

"Earth to Armin, earth to Armin", the call of his best friend brought him back to life, "Geez Armin, are you still worried ?", asked Eren. "I'm fine", answered Armin. With the recent events that involved Eren confessing his love to Mikasa on the last day of high school and them being an
official couple Armin couldn't help but wonder if he would find his own love somewhere maybe in this school but heck how he doubted it could happen.
"Armin, if you need help to adjust we would be happy to help you set up your things", offered the raven haired girl, Mikasa. "No, it's alright. Nothing that I can't handle by myself ", he replied. "I know, let's meet at the college restaurant at 5 to relax and talk about how our day went", suggested Mikasa. " That's a great idea Mika", replied Eren. "You know I'm game", replied Armin. "Sometimes I wish you weren't with Eren, it feels like you're wasting your brain on him", Armin said smirking. "Hey", shouted Eren making Mikasa to giggle lightly.

After they had gotten their keycards from the school receptionist they headed to their dorms which were separate from each other. Armin taking his things up the stairs cursed his lack of strength because he packed quite a number of things from home and he wasn't the most physical guy out there. As he got to the door of his room he slid his keycard in which revealed a nice looking place with 3 bedrooms, a kitchen, a living room, a dining room and 2 bathrooms. In all honesty, Armin was impressed by all this, he however did not fail to notice that there was music blasting out from one of the rooms. "Hey you alright?", Armin snapped back to reality and turned to the direction of the voice, a boy around his age, slightly shorter than him, with shaved head that made him almost look bald and a confused expression was looking right at him. "Pardon me, I'm Armin Arlert and this is also my room", said Armin. "Is that right?, then no need to be so formal, I'm Connie Springer and it's a nice to meet you too roomie", said Connie shaking his hand with an iron grip. "Y-yeah, thank you", replied Armin massaging his hand.
"So are you really one of the two who was offered two scholarships to this college", asked Connie. "Yes I guess so", replied Armin. "Man that's so cool I wasn't able to get a scholarship but I did pass the entrance exams and I was thinking of trying out for the basketball team so can you teach me?, "s-slow down a bit I'm not really good at basketball myself I'm surprised myself that I got a scholarship for it", replied a very embarrassed Armin. "Doesn't matter. So what are you studying?", asked Connie. "Well I'm studying Literature and English to become a writer in the future."
"Cool. So I'll be expecting great books from you Armin my man."
"Geez stop it. Well what are you studying ?"
"I'm studying geography. I like reading about how the earth works and stuff."
"Hmm..you don't seem like the type"
"Thanks for the compliment.", Connie replied.
Their conversation was cut short with the ringing of a phone. "Sorry that's me". Connie said. "Hey Sasha...", Connie spoke into the phone. As Connie was having his call Armin decided to unpack in his room so he could meet up with Eren and Mikasa at 5.
"Say Armin", Connie said "would you accompany me to meet my friend at the college restaurant ? I'm sure she would love to meet you and she's bringing her her roommate too at around 4:30."
Hmm, Armin thought "I guess I could come with you either way I'm also meeting up with some friends at 5 so I guess it's alright just let me unpack and unwind for a bit then we'll go. Sounds good to you?", Armin asked,
"No problem, get all the rest you need", Connie answered happily and tossed Armin a can of soda from the fridge which Armin caught "Thanks", Armin replied.
As they were unpacking the door suddenly opened. A boy with short parted black hair, freckles and light brown eyes entered the room. On spotting Connie he said "Hi, I'm Marco Bodt and this is my room too."
"I'm Connie Springer nice to meet ya", "hey Armin the third roommate has arrived!!", Connie shouted.
"You're really loud", Marco said politely while covering his ears.
"All part of my charm", responded Connie.
After getting to know each other they became very acquainted with each other knowing what the other studies, likes, interests and so on.
When it was 4:20, "Hey Marco, Armin and I are going to meet up with a couple of friends, wanna come ?"
"Thanks for the offer but I'm afraid I have to decline. I'm going to meet up with a close friend of mine who is running late. Unfortunately, the train coming in from Maria district had a breakdown so I'm going to meet him when he reaches the college", Marco said with a smile.
"It's okay Marco", replied Armin coming out from his room "we understand. I hope to meet your friend soon"
"Me too", replied an energetic Connie.
"Well we'll be off. We'll see ya later Marco", Connie said, opening the door.
"See ya"
"See ya", Armin replied, closing the door behind him.
Hmm, my roommates are really nice. I'm really glad I met them, Marco thought to himself as he got ready to meet up with Jean.

End of first chapter. Phew 😅 that was a handful. Hoped you liked it. (Next chapter: 18th/19th of  April)
By the way if any of you want I can leave anime recommendations at the end of each chapter. Only if you want.
See y'all in the next chapter