Chapter 12 : Apologies and Rivalries.

"H-hey I get it. Let go of my ear", Finn lazily spoke out.

It's been two days since the first game, two days since the dispute between Eren and Finn.
When Anna heard about it she immediately went to both coach and teammate to apologize on behalf of his behavior. Hanji, Levi and Erwin took him aside to talk to him and caution him about what happened but he walked away saying, "All I have to do is win", clearly brushing aside the coaches. Hanji had to restrain Levi from physically harming the boy while Erwin simply shook his head in amusement to all this.

"Now Finn, you are going to apologize to your team and coaches for being disrespectful", Anna said and let go of his ear.

"Whatever you say mom", Finn shrugged.

"What is with you? I get that the same thing happened in high school but taking it out on your friends... why would you do that?"

"Tell me Anna, do you think I enjoy it when my opponents lose their will. You of all people know the amount of effort I put in to get to where I am minus the affinity I have towards the sport. Do you know how it feels when others give up because you're 'too good' and lose their motivation to play on", at this point he was shouting, "Damn it Anna! You know what I passed through, you know everything about me. Do you think I like it when people breakdown because of me? Do you think I want to inflict that kind of pain on anybody!!"

Anna was shocked by his outburst. She knew everything Finn said was true but she never expected him to shout on her. She always prided herself on being able to calm him down and understanding him more than anyone else but not once had she ever been shouted on. It hurt her and she felt useless, like she couldn't do anything to help him.

"I-I'm Sorry. I didn't realize", she said and took off.

"No wait!", he stretched his hand towards her, "I've really messed up, haven't I", he said sadly and put his hand back in place.

"Wait what?!", Armin was currently in the library with Annie for their regular study session when Anna came in and requested to speak with Armin alone.

"Yep I'm serious", Anna said, "The thing is he's being suffering for too long. I-I just want to do something to help him. I know I'm asking for too much but please Armin", she bowed her head in front of him, "please help him. You and Eren are the only ones that can help him, you're the only people who can heal him", she pleaded.

"P-please raise your head. Of course I'll help. H-he's still a friend despite everything that happened. Please don't be sad, you're normally more cheerful and happy", Armin replied.

"You really will? Thank you Armin. I know he doesn't deserve it but thank you. It means so much to me"

"N-no it's no problem. And Anna", he spoke softly, "he will come back and apologize. He loves you and cares about you too much to leave you hurt", he said.

This statement caused her to blush and look away to the side, "don't say embarrassing stuff like that. But you're right", she said softly before seeing Annie staring at them, "I think it's best you go back to Annie before she drags you back herself", she said.

"O-oh I-I have to go back", he and Anna went back to Armin's previous seat.

"Armin thanks again and", she lowered her voice, "go get her", she said cheekily and went to Annie.

Why does everyone keeps saying that, Armin thought to himself blushing.

"Annie, I'm sorry for keeping you waiting and taking up your time. I'm really sorry", Anna apologized.