Chapter 17 : Unbreakable

It's showtime.

The crowd is buzzing, shouts are heard all over and it's proving really annoying for the young blond. In all of his 19 and a half years of living he has never seen people get this excited over a basketball game. I guess they're pretty pumped up. It was the first match in the tournament and somehow Trost college had managed to get that spot much to the chagrin of Levi who complained about having not enough time to 'kill the brats'. Hanji on the other hand was as happy and lively as could be and comforted Levi by teasing him about his height. She would occasionally rub his head which would make the trainees to snicker at the gesture but quickly shut up at the glare Levi gave them.

Armin gave a quick scan at the stadium looking for Mikasa or any familiar face at all. Most importantly he was searching for Annie. He remembered their conversation a few days back.

"I'll be there"
"Are you sure?", Armin asked, "i mean if it isn't convenient for you you don't have to stress yourself"
"I'm not doing anything then so I don't see the problem. And besides, the others are going so at least I won't be alone", she replied giving him a small smile. She placed her hand on top his and looked him straight in the eyes. "Armin listen to me. Be more confident in yourself. You're the one who asked me out on a date so this shouldn't be a problem. I'm not good with words but I also want to make you happy", she said.

"It sure is noisy in here", Connie said snapping Armin out of his daydreaming. "Yeah it is", Armin replied.

"I'm looking for Sasha but I can't seem to find her anywhere", the almost bald boy put his hand in a searching gesture looking around for Sasha and her friends.

"I'm sure they'll turn up. Remember they were late the last time"

"Yeah I remember. That freaking potato girl told Jean to whack me on the head. It hurt like hell", Connie said rubbing his head as if remembering the pain.

"Hey Connie!!!"

The two boys looked up at the direction of the voice. They saw Sasha waving in their direction with Historia, Mikasa, Anna and Annie sitting on the same row. Connie waved back and Armin gave Annie a smile which she returned with a small one of her own.

"Alright let's get to it", Levi's voice rang out, "Go get changed and give yourselves a boring motivational speech or something. Hanji and I want to check some things out", he said and left with Hanji.

What a drag.

. . .

"So, how's the game going?", Hanji asked cheeefully when she and Levi got back.

"It's alright", Thomas replied, "Nothing they can't handle. Especially Reiner."

"What about Braun", Levi asked.

"He's really getting into it", Floch responded. Floch, Thomas, Connie and Marco were on the benches cheering their team on. Armin on the other hand was also on the benches but he's the sixth man on standby.

"I see. Let them keep on going. Erwin will meet us in a few minutes".
Hanji nudged Levi's arm and winked at him. Levi simply looked away and sat on the bench Hanji sitting beside him.

. . .

He made his way forward, breaking through defenses while maintaining his own. He was like an overpowered bulldozer who could destroy anything in its path. Reiner was on fire and his opponents no matter how they tried, couldn't stop him from dunking. His defenses were strong and he was impenetrable as he blocked his opponents from making shots and dunks.