Chapter 15 : Next game

"No no no no no", Armin answered backing up slowly.

"Cmon just give it a try", Annie replied leaning closer towards him.

The two were at the hollow tunnel at the amusement park. It's supposed to scare kids but Annie surprisingly found out that Armin was afraid of ghosts. She took it upon herself to get him on the ride to see what she personally termed 'a scaredy-Armin' in motion.
So far she was convincing him but she need something to push him off the edge.

"Oh come on Armin. You said I should pick whatever I want and I choose this.
You won't go back on your word will you?", Annie asked smirking a bit.

"I-I", damn it, she looks so hot. No, bad Armin snap out of it, "fine I'll do it", he conceded.

. . ,

"I'm never doing that again", Armin walked out a bit wobbly from the tunnel.

"It wasn't that scary. In fact it wasn't scary at all", Annie said holding his hand.

"Easy for you to say. It's not like I was scared. I just thought they'll be out to get me", he mumbled the last part which Annie caught.

"Who?"

"Never mind. You want some ice cream?", Armin asked.

"Sure".

The two walked back to the school after getting their ice creams in peaceful silence.

"Armin, thanks for today. I've never really had much fun like i did today", Annie said.

"It's no problem. If anything it's me who should be thanking you for going with me", he smiled at her.

" Back home my dad never really allowed me to socialize", she began, "It was always training, reading and training again for as long as I remember. Reiner and Bertholdt's parents are friends to my dad so that's how I knew them. What I mean to say is thank you... for bringing me here. I really had fun", she concluded flashing him a small smile that made Armin give himself a pat on the back.

No words were to be said. The duo very happy with today walked in silence until they reached Annie's dorm.

"So um"

"Hm", she urged him.

"Well w-would you like to this again sometime. Not that I'm pushing you or anything it's totally up to you-"

"Yes I'd love to do this again", Annie replied chuckling a bit at his flustered expression.

"Really?"

"Of course".

So cute, Armin thought.

His thoughts were interrupted by the ringtone of his phone.

"I'm sorry please give me a sec".

Annie waved him go on.

"Yes this is Armin"

"Yeah it's me Connie", came the voice on the other line, "coach said should tell ya that we have practice tomorrow. We've qualified for the tournament"

"Wait really? So soon? I thought we had one more game before the tournament", Armin exclaimed in surprise.

"Yeah the other team forfeited. I heard their coach had an accident and the team wanted to stay behind. The championship begins in a week. And yeah before I go give Annie a kiss would ya. See you later", Connie said and cut the call leaving Armin blushing bright red.