Chapter 24 : Safe

Mommy? Daddy? Is anyone here?.

A little raven haired girl holding her teddy bear walked slowly along the corridor of a house. Grasping her toy tightly, she increased her pace along the seemingly endless corridor.

*crash*

The sound of breaking of glass awakened a new fear from inside of her. All cautiousness abandoned, she ran to her parents' room and opened the door.

The sight awaiting her will be forever burned into her memory.

A dark figure loomed over her mother. Her father lay sprawled on the floor in a pool of blood. Mother and daughter's  fearful eyes connected and her mother screamed for her to run away. Her mother held the arms of the stranger, buying time for her daughter to run away.

But the girl could not move. Stiff and paralyzed with shock and confusion, the dark haired child could only stare as the dark stranger wrestled her mother to the bed and stabbed her repeatedly in the chest. As her body lay limp, the dark stranger rolled off off her. Approaching the young girl with a sinister grin plastered on his face, he rose his hand to strike her with the knife.

Mikasa, the girl's dead mother called out.

Mikasa, she said again.

"Mikasa!!!"

The raven haired girl woke up very startled. Breathing heavily and drenched in sweat, she stared into space for a couple of minutes before registering where she was. She looked over to her boyfriend who was gently rubbing her back, trying to comfort her.

"E-Eren? I-I-I-"

He hugged her and continued to rub her back, making her lean her head on his shoulder as she burst into tears.

"Shhh, it's alright, everything's okay. It was just a dream, just a dream." He spoke to her softly. His deep voice brought comfort throughout her body.

"I'm sorry, I-I didn't know." She sobbed as she held onto him.

"It's not your fault, it's no one's fault. I'm here alright? I'm here with you. I'm not going anywhere, I'll always be here for you."

"Mhm." She nodded, still holding onto him.

As the two lovers continued to hold each other, Eren nuzzled her ear, whispering sweet nothings to her. Mikasa leaned closer into his body, drawing warmth from it and placed her ear on his chest, listening to his heartbeat.

Carefully and gently, Eren placed his finger on her chin and tipped her head up. She responded to the the action and gazed into his eyes. Her gray eyes held so much emotion as she gazed into his emerald green ones. Slowly, he leaned towards her, his lips drawing closer and closer to hers.

Finally they met.

He kissed her softly, carefully, holding her as one would hold a precious and fragile jewel. At the same time, he drew her closer to himself, assuring her of his presence - that it was real.

Mikasa responded in kind. She placed her hand on his T-shirt, gripping it tightly as she kissed him back, letting herself be fully soaked in his warmth, in his presence, in his love.

Eren pressed his lips more against hers. He reveled in the feeling of her soft, pink lips. He gently nibbled on her bottom lip, eliciting a small, pleasurable sound from her.

He loved that sound, he wanted to hear it again.

He repeated the action, gently nibbling on her lower lip. She moaned softly and pressed herself closer into him. Smiling against her in satisfaction, he licked her lip asking for entrance. He was holding her, caressing her, showing her the affection that she thought would never be in her grasp. She loved it, she loved it all.