Chapter 16 : The Journey Awaits Us

It's a normal day in practice. A normal beautiful day, well it would've been if Shadis wasn't the present coach.

"GIVE ME 50 MORE LAPS YOU LAZY SHITS!!".

"Oi oi oi. I'm gonna kill this old man", Finn said before Reiner and Jean held him down.

"Calm down idiot. We're all pissed but you wanna get benched?", Jean whispered in his ear.

"I can live with that",, Finn leapt up again making Reiner tighten his hold on him.

"KIRSTEIN, BRAUN, RYDER, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?, DID I GIVE YOU PERMISSION TO PLAY AROUND? GIVE ME TWENTY MORE LAPS!!".

"That's it", he jumped up once more.

"Idiot", They held him down again, " we're already in trouble. Don't make this any worse", Reiner said.

At this Finn calmed down. "Good grief. Fine but next time don't hold me back. I'll take my chances", he said.

Reiner and Jean chuckled and the three ran on ahead to complete their laps.

. . .

"Why *pant* does he *pant* always do this?", Connie said taking in as much air as he could.

"Beats me", Armin replied sitting on the floor extremely exhausted from all the running.

"DID I GIVE YOU PERMISSION TO SIT? IF I WERE YOU I'LL GET READY FOR YOUR PRACTICE MATCH", Shadis shouted and walked away.

"Damn. Now I suddenly appreciate coach Levi", Eren said, the others agreeing with him.

. . .

"Here", The ball was passed to Eren. He moved to the left side of Reiner trying to go around his large build. He faked behind and maneuvered to the right passing Reiner and jumped to make a dunk. Reiner caught up to Eren and almost blocked him but Eren surprisingly jumped a bit higher than Reiner's reach and made the dunk.

"Nice one", Connie give him a high five  and ran back to his position.

Shadis who was monitoring their play nodded his bald head in satisfaction. Jaeger, he thought.

This guy, Finn's smile became wider when he saw the dunk that Eren made, But he hasn't noticed it yet. He looked over to Armin who walked behind Eren, But I'm sure you've noticed it Armin. The shadow and the light.

Practice went on.

Bertholdt jumped up to shoot a three but was stopped by Eren despite the height difference. Eren passed the ball to Armin who was being marked by Marco. As soon as the ball reached him, he swiftly passed to the back giving the ball to Jean who shot a successful three into the basket.

Reiner took hold of the ball bouncing it in between his legs and passed to Marco who gave a splendid pass to Floch. Eren blocked Floch's way and collected the ball from his possession. Eren charged forward towards the basket, jumped and made another spectacular dunk.

"Damn *pant* *pant* Jaeger's on fire", Reiner said with his hands on his knees breathing for air.

"RYDER AND FLOCH SWITCH", Shadis shouted.

Floch trudged back to the benches and slapped hands with Finn.

"Alrighty then. Let's do this". Finn took Floch's position and the game continued.

"Bertholdt", said individual passed to Finn who was going one on one with Eren. Eren growled a bit seeing his mark but didn't complain.

"Nice to see you too Eren", Finn remarked dryly stopping for a second and going to Eren's left side. Eren blocked his way making him to pass to his right hand behind him, fake going to the right putting Eren out of balance and rushed past him from his left again. Eren however, regained his footing and tackled him from behind. Finn noticed Eren's attempt at tackling him and swiveled sideways confusing him. He stopped, took a step backwards making Eren to be in front of him and shot a two into the basket.