Chapter 25 : Zeke Jaeger

"Jaeger!?"

"Present!"

"Braun?!"

"Present!"

"Springer?!"

"Present!"

"Bodt?!"

"Present!"

"Wagner?!"

"Present!"

"Hoover?!"

"Present!"

"Arlert?!"

"Present!"

"Okay then." Levi said. "But where the f*ck is Ryder and Kirstein?!"

"We're here!" The two boys walked into the court sluggishly. On closer inspection, their eyes were heavy and had bags under them.

"Woah!" Connie exclaimed. "What's up with the panda eyes?"

"Shut it, baldy." Jean said, too tired to start a quarrel with the shorter boy.

Finn on the other hand, simply crashed on top one of the benches without saying a word and sunk back into dreamland.

Armin looked a bit worried at the boys.

Just what in the world happened to them.

"Get up the both of you slackers." Levi said, whacking them both to reality. They immediately stood on attention, though with Finn still being weary in his movements.

"Levi, are they all here?" Erwin's deep voice called out.

"Finally. I honestly wouldn't have minded though, if we just ditched the latecomers."

"Now, now, Levi, you can't just do that. They're still kids." Hanji patted his head with her usual grin.

"Don't touch my hair, four-eyes. I'll seriously get angry if you do that again."

Before it could escalate into a quarrel, Mike cut in immediately and dragged Hanji out of the court.

"That's our cue to leave." Erwin said, and walked out with them.

Tch. Levi clicked his tongue in irritation and followed Erwin as walked out.

"Haaa." Eren sighed. "I have a really bad feeling about today."

...

The crowd was buzzing with excitement. The seats were packed with massive amounts of people who had come to see the game between The State of Liberio college and Ruhama University, and needless to say, Liberio was entirely dominating the match.

"A-are those the guys we're facing off against?"

"Looks like it. That's scary."

The entire team nodded their heads in agreement.

"I hope you can see we mean business when we say these guys are our rivals." Levi said.

"Ye-yeah, but how can anyone be that good?" Marco asked.