Chapter 28 : The Upperclassmen

"Wait, wait, wait, wait a damn minute. Let me get this straight, these guys are Levi's former teammates?"

"Yes." Mike replied.

"And you're telling me, that we are to play against them three consecutive times, including you, Erwin and Levi?"

"That's correct." Mike replied again.

Connie put his hands over face and sighed into the air in depression.

"We are so screwed."

"Shut up, baldy!" Jean whacked the under of Connie's head, much to his dislike.

"What happened to all those resolve just a few minutes ago. Don't tell you're backing out now?" One of the former teammates, Oluo Bozado, said to Trost's team.

Oluo's appearance was much older than the rest of his team. The wrinkles around his eyes and face were very much pronounced for someone of his age. His brown hair was slightly curly, in an undercut hairstyle and his eyes were somewhat smallish. He bore a similar scowl on his face to the one Levi always wore, much to the amusement of his fellow teammates.

"Big words coming from an old man." Finn said to Oluo.

With a look of anger and a bit of humor, Oluo looked at Finn dead in the eyes.

"What did you say?"

Finn walked up to him, to the chagrin of some of his teammates and looked down at Oluo, much to the latter's irritation. Considering Finn who was a hundred and eighty eight centimeters and Oluo who stood at a hundred and seventy-three, the feat was quite something to behold.

"You know, I hate it more when people underestimate me and my team. I don't care who it is, so I'll give you a small warning; Don't break a leg trying too hard, old man."

A cord snapped in Oluo but a hand from one of his teammates on his shoulder, slightly calmed him down.

Eld Jin, whispered something into his ear.

"Know who you're dealing with, Oluo. These kids are not like us. Their bond is much stronger than ours, Levi had told us this before. Look at the faces of Eren and Reiner."

Oluo did so and noticed the anger written in their faces, most likely because of what he said earlier. Not that he was afraid, but he dropped whatever annoyance he had earlier. He clicked his tongue and settled down.

Eld Jin was much more focused than Oluo. He understood the situation and would not want any of his teammates to miss what they came for. Being a former teammates with Levi in his university days, he was needless to say, a very good player. Now, he taught as a lecturer in the college, just like most of his colleagues. The school had been good to him, and the only way he could repay the favor was by impacting his wisdom and knowledge to the future generations. Not just in academics, but in sports as well.

He was a responsible looking man. At one hundred and eighty two centimeters, with long blond hair with a middle parting folded into a bun to keep his hair tied, and a small beard, he was in fact the second in command to Levi in his basketball days. On the court, his skill was to be feared. Specializing in the catching of rebounds, his team almost always had possession of the ball no matter who they faced.

"That's enough brats!!!"

Shadis' barking brought everyone to attention.

"Thank you, Keith."

Shadis' nodded at Erwin.

"Miss Magnolia and Miss Ral will assist Hanji in medical treatment and will also coach you till you give your best. The rest of us, from henceforth, will spar with you all till you have reached the desired peak."