Chapter 9 : Practice

What is it with this guy and his shouting? This is the second time we've had to endure this, Eren thought as they were once again in the midst of Keith's obnoxious barking.

"YEAGER ARE YOU LISTENING", Shadis shouted.

"YES SIR I AM", Eren replied.

"GOOD CAUSE AS I WAS SAYING, YOU ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE BEEN CHOSEN TO REPRESENT THIS SCHOOL IN ALL OUR BASKETBALL GAMES. SO I EXPECT YOU TO BE OF UPMOST PERFORMANCE. DO I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR?"

"YES SIR!!", they all shouted.

"Thank you Keith", said Erwin, "As you have all heard, we expect you to give your best in all games whether trial or main. I am impressed that all of those who were awarded the scholarships lived up to expectations. I am honestly astonished and pleased knowing that you getting scholarships were worth it. As for those who did not attain scholarships but still made it into the team I must say well done, for you have not only proven yourselves but you have also proven that you have the capability to become a star player. Keep this up everyone and you'll achieve your dreams and expectations in no time. So let me welcome you officially to Trost College's basketball team. I and my fellow coaches are pleased to have you so I hope you will put in every effort to understand us and what we stand for.", Erwin concluded and left the front.

As Erwin left, a man called Mike Zacharias stepped forward, "I am Mike Zacharias, the second-in-command head coach and today is going to be the beginning of your practice. Each of you according to your strength, capabilities and performance are going to be assigned to different coaches whom you will train with on a daily basis. For today you are to follow my orders and by the end of today I will introduce you to your various coaches. Now you have exactly 15 minutes to give me 10 laps so I suggest you start running".

The students hadn't even registered what he said before Eren took off.

"That bastard", Jean said before running off.

"Oh well", Reiner said as he also ran off.

Geez, the students thought as they ran off also.

"They are as energetic as ever", said Levi in a very bored tone.

"As grumpy as always shorty", Hanji said in a cheerful manner,

"Tch", Levi replied.

"In any case it will prepare them for what is to come. And I want all of you to pay close attention to Jeager and Arlert. There is something very unusual about them", Erwin said to all of them.

"Yes", they replied.

After their laps Mike gave them their respective coaches to whom they will go to.

Eren and Jean to Levi, Bertholdt and Reiner to Erwin, Armin to Hanji, Connie, Thomas, Marco and Marlowe to Moblit and Finn to Mike.

And so their training began.

Eren and Jean were both pissed at their coach, Levi. He had an intimidating presence but he had been giving them workout instructions instead of actual basketball playing.

Alright that's enough

"Look Coach Levi, we came here to play basketball, to reform our skills, to become better-"

"-and I could care less", interjected Levi.

But that didn't stop Eren from speaking his mind.

"whatever. All I'm saying is that you should train us on how to get better instead of wasting time like we're doing now"

"As much as I hate him he's right. I don't see any point in doing this", Jean said.

"What you see or think doesn't matter, at least not to me, I am your coach and my orders are absolute", Levi said, "and since you have time to spare I suggest you do 50 push-ups but if you're not okay with it then quit the team".