Chapter 8 : Second game in-coming

The door of the restaurant opened and in came our favorite trio talking and laughing at the events of the past week.
"...and so the idiot basically put himself in trouble", Eren finished.
"But you do know he had a point", Armin said.
"I know but that wasn't the best way to go about saying it", Eren said.
"In all honesty, you caused it Eren. If you hadn't brought up that silly question he wouldn't have had to argue", Mikasa replied.
"Whatever", Eren said as they took their seats at the table.

Their conversation was interrupted by the sound of the notification bell on their phones.
"Would you look at that?", Eren said, "looks like we got in".
"Yeah. We're to meet tomorrow by 2 o'clock for practice", Armin said.
"What about you Raven, What did you get called for?", Eren asked.
"It's nothing really. Tomorrow the kickboxing team is having a selections program. There's an upcoming match that we need to be prepared for", Mikasa replied.
"Well we know you're gonna do great. You're the strongest person we know so we'll be rooting for you", Armin told her.
"Thanks. Means a lot to me", Mikasa said smiling.
The three of them continued to chat among themselves telling each other of their experiences with the lecturers and their fellow colleagues. How Miss Hanji was also a lecturer, a bit hyper but excellent in her work and Mr Farlan who taught history and was a good friend of Coach Levi and so on.

"So what can I get ya?", the cheery voice of the waitress was heard.
"We would like - Historia you're here again!", Eren exclaimed.
"Idiot! That's not nice to say you know", Mikasa cautioned.
"Don't worry. Silly Eren I've told you I work here", Historia said.
"Oh right haha I remember", Eren said nervously.
"Anyway Historia, I've written down our orders", Armin gave her the paper
"Okay, just gimme a sec and I'll be right back", she replied and went off to prepare their food.

"So Armin, any information concerning Annie", Eren asked.
"U-um n-nothing", Armin replied.
"O come on man! Just man up and ask her"
"Ive told you it's not that simple"
"Armin, is there anything holding you back?", Mikasa asked.
"No, nothing really. It's just you know I'm not the best when it comes to girls", Armin replied.
"In that case let's make a bet. If yo-"
"No I refuse", Armin cut him off, "no way in hell am I going to do that and hurt her feelings".
"I agree", Mikasa said.
"Yeesh don't get your panties in a twist", Eren said raising his hands in mock surrender.

The door of the restaurant opened and in came Finn and Marco who were in a seemingly serious discussion.
"The section 35 of the constitution was established to favor both the people and the leaders", Marco said.
"It was but it has been manipulated and twisted to favor the people in the position of power. If you ask me it should be removed or voted against", Finn replied in his usual tone.
"But if it worked in the past isn't there a possibility that it could also work in this time?"
"Yes but the possibility has been significantly reduced due to behavioral changes in humans. The people of then aren't necessarily the people of now", Finn concluded.
"I guess you're right", Marco agreed.
The two of them spotted the trio and Marco called out to them.

"Hey guys", Marco greeted.
The three of them turned around and saw Marco with Finn and responded to them.
"Oh hey Marco, Finn", Armin replied.
"Yo".
"You don't mind if we seat here with you guys right?", Marco asked.
"Not at all", Mikasa replied.
After placing their orders they discussed about many things with Eren, Marco and Armin doing majority of the talking with Mikasa and Finn contributing from time to time.

"So did you guys get the email", Marco asked.
"Yep, we sure did", Eren replied.
"Great, cause I was worried if you guys didn't get one. It would have been really surprising if you didn't make it", Marco said.
"From your expression I guess you got in", Eren said referring to Finn.
"Of course and so did Jean", he replied.
"Hmm well I'll be damned, horsey got in", Eren said.
"Not sure about all the details but I think we're gonna have a game against another school", Marco spoke.
"You don't say", replied Finn.
"Well whatever it is I was born ready. Right Armin?"
"Don't ask me I wasn't there when you were born", Armin deadpanned.
Laughter erupted from their table with Eren grumbling about how much his friends hated him.