Chapter 11 : Show time

They were almost at the venue and Armin was feeling anxious about the whole thing.

"Relax Armin. Calm down", Eren said trying to comfort his seat mate on the bus.

"Sorry, I'm just a bit nervous", he said.

"Yeah we all are but you need to relax a bit. It's just a game"

"Yeah just a game. A game that'll decide whether we participate in the season or not, a game that if we lose will damage the reputation of our school, yeah just a game" Armin said facing him.

"Okay I take that back but seriously chill. If you get worked up you won't perform up to expectations", Eren replied.

"Yeah you're right, I'll try and calm down".

"That's the spirit", Eren punched his shoulder lightly.

I wonder what she's doing now, Armin thought to himself.

"So this is the place", Connie exclaimed coming down from the bus.

"Of course it is dumbass", Jean said smacking his head.

"Ow! What the heck man?"

"Dunno, blame Sasha . She said I should hit you anytime you say something stupid"

"That damned potato girl", Connie muttered.

"Enough time wasting brats! Get inside. The other coaches will soon arrive", Levi said and walked in.

They all followed behind him towards the registration point.

"Levi. Levi Ackerman", Levi said in a bored tone.

"Y-Yes sir", the blushing attendant said as she scribbled his name down, "p-please move towards the court area".

"Yeah thanks", he dismissed her and went ahead leaving the attendant with a deep blush.

When they left, "wow coach, you really have a way with the ladies", Finn said with a smirk.

"Tch", Levi replied.

As they passed there were whispers and murmurs with students mainly girls pointing towards their direction and some guys looking at them with curiosity.

"Sheesh", Jean rubbed his head, "And you'll think these guys are in college. They act like high schoolers", he said.

"This is our first time here so it isn't much of a surprise that we'd gather attention", Armin told him.

"Not quite our first", Levi spoke up, "we played against them a few years ago. Humiliated them".

"What do you mean humiliated Coach Levi?", Eren asked.

"The score was a 150-55, do you get it now?", Levi replied.

The faces of the trainees went up in shock, except a few.

"That's brutal", Eren said at last.

"Don't get cocky, that was their first and only defeat. From that day they doubled the score of any opponent they went up against. They're good. Do not underestimate them", Levi told them.

They all nodded their heads and stepped into the court with the opposing team already awaiting their arrival.

"My, my, it's good to see you again Mr Ackerman", The coach of the opposing team said. He was a heavily built man standing at 5"10 with dark toned skin and a short crew cut hairstyle.

"It's been a while hasn't it.", Levi replied.

"Yeah it's been. The judges from the state level are already here and we have 20 minutes to get ready. I suggest you use it to warm up and maybe pep-talk your team. Everything has been set including water and refreshments for your team, we only have to wait till it's time", the man said.