Chapter 7 : In-depth

"It was so frustrating.", Eren said as he and Armin were walking down to their lecture.
"It seems that they are good roommates. At least they can keep up with your behavior.", Armin replied.
"Just shut up. Waking me up at 6:30am is definitely not in my agenda."
"At least you're more responsible."
"Yeah yeah", Eren said.

They continued to walk towards their class occasionally seeing other students who had tired looks on their faces being deprived of their morning sleep as well.

"Hey Armin, later today are you free?", Eren asked.
"Mhmm. Why?"
"I'm thinking of the three of us going to lunch. Maybe we can hang out in that restaurant again"
"Sure. I don't have anything else to do"
"Sweet! Lemme just text Mikasa and tell her"
As Eren texted Mikasa, Armin thoughts drifted towards a particular blonde haired girl wondering what she was doing at this moment.
"Alright, done!", Eren said.
"So Armin, what's up with you and Annie", Eren asked
"Huh. What do you mean?"
"O come on, don't play dumb. I've seen the way you look at her even Mikasa has seen it"
"E-e-eh", Armin stuttered while blushing.
"I say go for it man. It's been a while since you showed interest in a girl", Eren said.
"W-well it's not that easy you know but I guess you're right. I actually like her. She fascinates me"
"There you go again talking about her as if she's some book. Just man up and ask her out for a date", Eren said with a hint of teasing in his voice
"Like you did for Mikasa", Armin replied smirking.
"S-shut it"
Armin chuckled at his friend's behavior as they entered their class.

The morning was aggravating for Finn. He was by no means a lazy person but some days he preferred to just sleep and forget everything happening around him. Well the only reason why waking up is worth it is because he gets to see Anna and spend his time with her. He can never repay her enough for the smiles she's brought to him and for bringing color into his life.
He remembered and occasionally had dreams of his past life, how wretched he was, how his heart had been filled with violence and darkness, the hatred he felt towards the world. Well that was until he met Anna.
It was when he was a kid, 7 years old to be exact. He had never known his parents nor did he know any of his relatives. He had lived in the streets for as long as he could remember sometimes wondering how he even survived in the first place. He was a shattered broken boy who had resorted to a life of violence in order to survive, to at least see a new day. He had always had a smile on his face, a deadly sinister smile that pierced even the hearts of the adults who he robbed from, a smile that had multiple meanings but never happiness, a smile that will leave you haunted for the rest of your life after he had beaten you up in the case of the other street boys who occasionally picked a fight with him and would get beaten into a bloody pulp. For 7 years this was his routine since the day he was born or rather thought he was born. It's not like he wanted to do those things, no no, on the contrary he felt low, despair, guilt for doing those things. The only thing he wanted more than anything in the world was to be happy, to feel alive, to feel at peace, but no he couldn't. Everyday was anguish for him. He had grown tired of crying, tired of feeling pain, he as much as possible wanted to apologize, to tell the adults he hurt that he was sorry but in the end life had a way of heaping more coals of fire onto his head. That was until he met her.
She had come with her family to spend their vacation in Shiganshina. Her family was a wealthy one, her father being the owner of Ryder & tech and her mother a doctor who worked for the Maria International hospital alongside famous doctor, Grisha Jeager . They had gone to a shopping complex to get some new clothes and gifts to send to relatives and friends across the country. They failed to notice a group of boys who were constantly following them and keeping an eye on the pretty little girl that was with them. They made their move when the girl came outside alone with only her toy doll, playing with it and smiling to it. It was sudden and unexpected. The only thing heard was the scream of the girl which made her parents to rush outside and find out what's wrong but the only thing they saw was her doll and they proceeded quickly to call the police and look for their daughter.