Chapter 22 : Will You Be Mine?

How did this happen? Just how in the world did this happen?... And why?, were the train of thoughts running through Armin's head as he and Eren prevented Annie and Mikasa from dueling with each other. Or at least they tried to.

*Two days ago*

"We've decided to let you guys off the hook for training", Levi announced a few days after their game with Ikemoto.

Everyone on the court stopped what they were doing and looked at the coaches who nodded their heads in agreement.

"Erm but why?", Eren asked.

"Beats me", Levi replies, casually shrugging his shoulders.

"But you're the one who said it!", the trainees all thought to themselves.

"We are allowing you days off because one, you've all been working very hard and we'll like you to take it easy for a while and two, the next match was postponed to the next two weeks", Erwin answered.

The players all pondered on this for a bit before breaking into large smiles.

"Well since you're telling us to, we have no choice but to do so. But truth be told, we really appreciate your concerns for us", Armin replied on behalf of the team.

"At least one of 'em knows how to be grateful", Levi grumbled.

"Oh give it a rest will you?",Hanji affectionately nudged him.

"Yeah whatever."

"That's all for today so you're dismissed. And remember to take it easy", Mike said.

A small cheer came from the team, they organized their stuff and prepared to leave.

Armin and Eren finished packing and walked together back to the dorms.

"I was thinking, could you and Annie join Mikasa and I on our date two days from now?", Eren asked all of a sudden.

Armin blushed.

"But wouldn't it feel like we're intruding? I don't want Annie and I to be a burden on you guys", he replied.

"Nah it'll be good. I want Mika and Annie to start getting along since she'll soon be your girlfriend and all. But from the look of things, it's not going to be easy."

"How so?". Armin asked purposely ignoring the statement about Annie being his soon-to-be girlfriend.

"Well for starters, they seem really tense around each other. I'm sure you've noticed it."

Indeed, Armin had noticed it but had chosen long ago not to comment on it.

"And when they think we aren't looking they give each other harsh glares for some reason", Eren said.

He had also noticed this but more than that, he was impressed Eren was that aware of the people around him. A stark contrast with his hotheadedness and impatient nature.

"I see your point in all this", Armin said, "I'll find out if it's okay with her and get back to you later".

"Sure and while we're on it, do ask her to be yours officially. I think it's delayed long enough considering all the lovey-dovey act that's been going on for a few months now", Eren smirked.