Chapter 3 : Knowing one another

"So which course are taking up", Eren asked Finn on their way to the restaurant.
"Law of course", Finn replied with that smile on his face.
"Is there a reason for that ?", Armin asked.
"Hm well it's quite simple actually. The poor are oppressed, the weak are trampled upon, the sick are left to cater for themselves, the innocent are put to death all for the sake of the so called "peace" of the people. Just another load of bullshit coming from those with status and power. I'm going to change that. The responsibility of the strong is to protect the weak and the duty of the weak is to support the strong and become strong themselves and I'm going to make that a reality.", Finn said.
"Hmm if you put it like that you are correct. The system is corrupt that much I can agree", Mikasa replied.
"I agree also. The country is pretty messed up", Eren said.
"So what are you three studying", Finn asked them.
"I'm studying Medicine, Raven is studying Psychology", Mikasa blushed a little from hearing her pet name, "and Armin is studying English and Literature", Eren replied to him.
"I take it you each have a reason for it"
"Eh it's nothing really I could tell you but first remove that mask of your face it's weird", Eren said
"Ohhh you're just creeped out because you flipped when you first saw it", Finn replied with an amused smile.
"Ugh why would you even wear this around are you some kind of sadist?"
"Who knows? I just might be but I already told you it's just a habit probably brought up from my early days when I started watching anime"
"Sick piece of shit", Eren murmured under his breath.
"But anyway have you two heard anything from the basketball committee concerning the trial match?", Armin asked.
"Nope but it's better this way, you can relax and practice and do other stuff while you wait ", Mikasa spoke up
"You might be right but...", they were interrupted by an email notification telling them of the date of the trial match, "t-tomorrow", Eren stuttered
"Guess I spoke too soon", Mikasa said.
"Doesn't matter to me", Finn said, "I don't really care when the date is cause there is no way I'm gonna be benched after all the only one can beat me is me".
Eren and Armin both stared at him for a few seconds before Eren spoke up dryly "Glad to know you're full of confidence". But Armin wasn't taking Finn's word at face value he noticed something about the way Finn behaved. There wasn't anything dangerous or weird about him but the way he acted without care for the world around him. He didn't act spoilt or anything he just behaved like he was free - yes that's the word he was looking for 'free' - like nothing could prevent him from achieving his goals, like he could be anywhere he wanted to be. It was a fascinating behavior to study and Armin couldn't have been more intrigued by his personality.
When they got to the restaurant they were met by a girl standing by the door, eyes closed and head leaned back on the door side with a smile on her face. She was very beautiful with long blonde hair that could easily be mistaken for light orange with a bit in front of her ears which she tucked neatly behind her ears and her eyes were a fine shade of light gray. Her eyes snapped open when she sensed people nearing her and her smile turned into a playful scowl when she saw Finn among them.
"You're late Finn", she said
"Well sorry about that. Mercy?", Finn asked.
"I'll let it slide just this once", she told him.
"Well introduce us to her when we get inside I'm starving", Eren said with emphasis as his stomach grumbled at that moment.
"Eren, don't be rude", Mikasa scolded
"Sorry", Eren replied sheepishly.
"Well he is right let's go in" the girl said and walked in as Finn opened the door for her. The girl looked at him with an amused expression and he just shrugged his shoulders.

After they had gotten in and made themselves comfortable they introduced themselves and begun to talk and chat among themselves until the waitress arrived.
"Good evening and how can I serve you", the waitress asked with a smile on her face.
Armin recognized that voice and looked up. Lo and behold it was Historia who was their waitress.
"H-historia", Armin asked.
"Oh hey Armin", she flashed him a smile, "I take it these are your friends"
"Y-yeah but on a side note what are you doing here?", Armin inquired
"I work here. The college gave openings for students who want to have part-time jobs to keep busy and the pay is good", Historia replies. She looked up at the others and gave a small bow "I'm sorry how rude of me. I'm Historia Reiss and I met Armin earlier today with my roommate."
"It's okay I'm Mikasa and this is Eren, Finn and Anna", Mikasa said, gesturing to the people mentioned.
"Okay. I've already delayed you so without further ado what would you like to order", Historia said with a smile.
After placing their orders, Historia left to attend to them and the five of them continued their conversation.
"So you two are siblings right?", Eren asked.
"Yep", Anna replied
"Hmm but it's just that you don't have anything in common both in looks and personalities"
"Yeah we're not actually siblings like blood related, to keep it simple Finn's my foster brother", Anna explained.
"Seriously!!, but you know each other so well and it's like you're connected or something", Armin expresses.
"Just shows how strong our bond is", Anna replied.
Finn didn't say anything he just had an amused expression on his face.
"Okay here are your orders", Historia calls out to them, "fries for Eren and Armin, salad for Mikasa and two bowls of ramen for Finn and Anna extra spicy".
"Thank you Historia ", Anna says to her.
"No problem", she replies back.
As they are eating the door swings open and Reiner comes in with two people, a tall boy with shaggy black hair and a blonde girl whom Armin will never forget even in the next century.
As they came in Armin and Annie locked eyes and Armin gave a small wave which Annie responded to with a nod towards him. Armin couldn't help but blush a little and this did not go unnoticed by Mikasa and Eren who smirked to themselves.
"Oi Reiner", Eren called out.
Reiner looked for the source of the voice and then saw Eren with the others.
"Yo Eren", Reiner replied and walked over to their table with the tall boy and Annie.
"Mind if we sit with you guys", Reiner asked.
"Of course", Eren replied and they took their seats.
After they shared pleasantries, the tall boy, Bertholt, called the waitress who wasn't Historia but another girl, tall with brown hair and brown eyes with freckles on her cheeks and a somewhat tan complexion which actually looked good on her.
"I'm Ymir and what can I get ya?", the girl said.
After Reiner, Bertholt and Annie had placed their order the girl called Ymir looked at all of them closely and said, "Nice group Historia's got here. Just make sure you treat her like a princess. Got it?"
"Huh", everyone replied.
"Ymmirr!", a small whine was heard from behind her.
"What? as your best friend I just want to look after you", Ymir replied.
"That doesn't mean you should say that"
"Don't care either way they should treat you with respect."
"Ugh you're unbelievable. I'm really sorry about her. She can be a bit offensive sometimes but she doesn't mean any harm", Historia apologizes on behalf of her friend.
"It's okay", Finn replies in a very laidback manner, "doesn't really bother us especially her", he gestures towards Annie.
"Thanks. Let's go Ymir we still have more tables to wait", Historia says as she pushes Ymir towards another table.

As they ate and conversed Armin's attention was on the blonde girl sitting opposite him. She hadn't said a word since she got here and Armin was determined to make her talk even if it was just a word.
"Annie is something the matter you haven't said anything yet", Armin asked her
"No just not much of a talker", she replied to him.
"It doesn't matter just say anything you like even if it's stupid", Eren said to her
"Sorry but I'm not exactly eager to say anything stupid unlike some idiot here."
The table erupted into laughter minus Mikasa who was glaring at Annie but didn't show it.
"What did I do to deserve this?", Eren said with his head in his palm.
"Serves you right for suggesting such a thing Eren", Armin replied.

After they had eaten they exited and continued their chat as they walked back to their rooms. Armin used this opportunity to talk to Annie just to learn a bit about her because he was enthralled by her.
"Hey Annie"
"Hm", she answered.
"Emm I j-just wanted to ask are you into martial arts like Mikasa?"
"Yes. Why ask?"
"N-no it's just your body gives off a vibe similar to Mikasa's"
"Okay"
"..."
"Are you sure you're okay? Your face is red again"
"I-I'm fine. P-please don't worry about me"
"Whatever you say", she replied with a slightly amused look in her eyes.

When they all got to their respective rooms they unwinded and prepared for the activities of the next day. Eren, Reiner, Finn and Jean are roommates.
Armin, Connie and Marco are also roommates. Bertholt and Thomas roommates also. Sasha, Historia and Mina. Mikasa, Annie and Anna. Ymir and Hitch.
As Armin got to bed he wondered what tomorrow would have in store for them. And if maybe just maybe he could talk to Annie again and discover more about her. Armin then drifted off to sleep dreaming about basketball, studies and Annie.

The 3rd chapter is done and I am honestly sorry for not updating at the appointed time. I'll do my best to prevent it from happening again. I would have written more about their conversations but I was pressed with time so I had to shorten it. But don't worry 😉 next chapter the fun begins and I'll write more about the personality traits of each character in the story.
Btw can anyone guess which GOM Finn is representing here and which character Jean is gonna be.
As always comments and criticism is appreciated so feel free to state your opinion.
Thank you 😊 all for reading and I will see you in the next chapter.
(Next chapter: 26th of April)