Chapter 26 : Date

"I want to go on a date, Armin."

"Pffffft!!!" Armin spat out his drink onto the college grounds. This was it, the blunt part of Annie he loved so much, but every single time, it knocked him off guard.

"It's been a while since we've been alone, together like this. I don't want it to end anytime soon."

The two blondes spoke as they strolled down the school grounds. No other student was in sight. Just the both of them, with no one else coming in their way. The air around the college was relatively peaceful. The weather was neither hot nor cold, it was cool. A warm breeze passed through, making the environment even more refreshing to be in. Accompanied with the newly bloomed cherry blossom trees within the school compound, the scene looked even more beautiful than normal. Armin couldn't have been more grateful for the atmosphere than he was now.

"Wanna have that date now?" Armin asked.

"Are you sure?"

"Positive. How does The Garrison sound?"

She gave him a small smile and took his right hand in hers.

"Sounds good, Armin."

...

"Welcome to The Garrison! Please what can I help you wi– Oh, hey Armin."

A short, pretty woman with shoulder-length blonde hair and brown eyes, on a very cute and petite face, ushered them into the newly established restaurant. She had on a white button-up shirt with the Garrison's symbol, pinned on her breastpocket, and a dark green skirt.

"Ahh, hello Petra." Armin replied, giving her a small wave.

He felt Annie squeeze his hand tightly and Armin sensed that she was probably uncomfortable with someone interrupting their date, and Armin respected that. It was their time alone, and just as much as Annie, he wanted to catch up and spend some time with her. Petra would have to hold on for now.

Armin waved his hand across his neck, giving Petra a signal. Petra acknowledged the hand sign with a knowing smile and gave him a thumbs up.

Armin nodded and took Annie to their designated table.

"So, how did you and Petra meet?" Annie asked, once they had sat down.

"Ah, um, we met in the library. She's the librarian, and she used schooled here. She took the same course I do presently."

"You seem to know an awful amount about Petra, Arlert. I mean, she is pretty and all."

Uh-oh, she's mad.

"Nonononono!! It's not like that, at all. Petra and I are just friends, just friends. I could never see her in that way, plus she's waaayy older than me!"

"Uh huh." Annie replied, with a monotone voice.

Then something struck Armin.

"You're not jealous, are you?"

Instantly, her face turned beet red. She looked away from him with a small blush coating her cheeks. Armin gave a somewhat proud smile seeing her reaction and leaned closer towards her.

"Annie, you're not jealous, are you?" He asked, again.

"Of course not." She said, unconvincingly, still not looking at him.

"I.. I just become easily protective of what's mine." She said, in a small voice, barely above a whisper.

Armin caught what she said, and this time, it was his turn to turn red. The two of them said nothing as the air became a bit awkward around them.