Chapter 23 : Adjustments

"What were you thinking? Just what in the actual f*ck were you thinking."

"Oh, nothing in particular." Finn replies.

Levi gritted his teeth in anger and was about to soccer punch the dark haired boy if not for Erwin's timely intervention.

"Be calm, Levi!"

Hearing the command, he clicked his tongue and brought down his hand. He shot an angry glance at Finn before stepping away.

"Ryder, we demand an explanation." Erwin said, with furrowed brows. He too was unusually upset as well.

The basketball trainees were having a one week break and all of them were pleased with this. Unfortunately, one event lead to the other and Erwin got a call from the hospital, telling him about the injuries Ikemoto, Jean's rival- former rival, sustained and how terrible the conditions were. The only thing they could get out of him was the name of the person who assaulted him, Finn Ryder.

"What's there to say, the shit had it coming from a mile away." Finn said, with an air of justification around him.

"I don't think you understand the full impact of your actions." Erwin replied. "This is unprofessionalism of the highest order and we are going to be penalized severely for this. What in Ymir's name made you do something like this?"

"Yeah Finn," Eren spoke up, "what exactly pushed you to do something so brash and stupid?"

Like you're one to talk. Armin sweatdropped.

"No, I don't even care about what, the real question is why?" Eren said.

All people present looked at Finn with questioning gazes. Even Hanji, who was normally carefree with this sort of thing was unimpressed by Finn's actions.

Finn gave a small grin before answering, "He simply pissed me off."

A sharp kick suddenly connected with Finn's jaw. The kick was so strong it made him spew a decent amount of blood on the smooth floor of the court.

"Levi!!" Hanji shouted.

"Restrain him!" Mike took hold of him from behind, holding his neck with an armlock. The other trainees dared not take a move because of course, he'll kick their asses.

Finn, didn't appear to be fazed at all by the kick. He lifted his head and still held that silly grin on his face, despite the trail of blood falling down from his mouth and the very noticeable bruise forming rapidly on his left cheek.

"Damn, that's some serious strength alright. I thought I was a goner for a sec there." He said.

"Get the hell off me Mike!" Levi struggled. "The f*cker still hasn't learnt anything yet!" He said.

"Thank you Mike." Erwin said. "I really do hope you have some way to get yourself out of this mess."

Finn wiped the blood off off his chin with the back of his palm. "It's been a while since I've bled."

"What are you going on about?" Eren asked,

Finn didn't answer, he just closed his eyes, as if deep in thought.

"We're waiting.", Erwin said impatiently.

"There's really nothing to say. He threatened a friend of mine and I simply got pissed." Finn replied.

A little before the game against Ikemoto, Jean and Eren had been confronted by him directly, which may or may not have led to a series of insults and threats made by Ikemoto.

Jean suddenly remembered and was about to speak before Eren beat him to it.

"Wait, you knew about that?" Eren asked.