Chapter 10 : Fight!!

After 15 minutes the kickboxing trial game started and Armin was excited to see Annie and Mikasa in action.

There were sixteen participants in the event and only eight were to be chosen. The instructor was Levi Ackerman, Eren and Jean's coach. After he had laid out the rules of match in his usual bored manner, he listed out the name of the contestants and their sparring partner. He called out the first match which was between a girl with light brown hair and a boy with a faded brownish hair.

These are the rules of the match;

1. Opponents are allowed to hit each other with punches and kicks, striking above the waist.

2. Elbows and knees are forbidden

3. Fighters can score through punches or kicks, striking above the waist and foot sweeps, executed below the ankle.

4. Punches, kicks, and foot sweeps are awarded 1 point. Kicks to the head or jumping kicks to the body are awarded 2 points. Jumping kicks to the head are awarded 3 points.

5. Hook kicks and Axe kicks are allowed but must be executed with the sole of the foot.

6. The first person to reach 5 points wins and win by KO is allowed.

With this the match began;

The girl attacked with a kick to the boy's side which he swiftly blocked with his right arm. She quickly lifted her left foot and kicked him on his left side which the boy was not expecting.

"2 points to Hitch!", the referee shouted.

The girl named Hitch came down and proceeded to punch him but the boy blocked with his hand. He did a foot sweep as their hands made contact but Hitch lifted her first leg, dodging the sweep and kicked him directly on the head.

"3 points to Hitch. Match over. Hitch Dreyse wins!", the referee said.

Hitch and the boy got up, bowed and left the arena.

Levi came up again and announced the next match while for the second time going through the matches and their time of starting.

"Well that was certainly interesting.", Connie said.

"Yep. The girls in this school are monsters. Good thing I have Mikasa though", Eren replied.

"Just let Mikasa hear you talk like that and you'll know what a monster really is", Armin said snickering.

At the statement Eren paled for a second before nervously laughing it off, "N-nevermind", he said and looked away.

Time-skip to the fourth match

"I feel bad for him", Armin said as they watched a boy who left the stage limping towards the clinic.

"Yeah but never mind that. We get to see Raven in action now", Eren said with enthusiasm.

"You sure are fired up", Finn commented.

"Of course I am", Eren replied.

"Well folks be on the edge of seats cause here she comes", Connie said imitating an announcer.

Eren flicked the under of his head which caused Connie to make a cry protest while glaring at him and Armin and Finn chuckling at their antics.

The fourth match was between Mikasa and a guy with messed up blond hair and a build almost similar to Reiner's.

"Oi Armin", Eren said "doesn't he look familiar to you".

Of course he looks familiar, Armin thought, How can I ever forget. One of the bastards who used to bully me in high school. Why, why is he here?.