chapter 7

happy almost valentines day and jaehyuns birthday❤️

meili speeds to her and her friends usual table in the cafeteria.

she quickly throws her tray down next to one of her friends, hana, letting out a breath of air.

"what was that?" meili looks up to see all four of her friends looking at her.

"...what?" she plays dumb, acting like she doesnt know what they were talking about.

one of her friends, yeona, crosses her arms.

"lee haechan just yelled out hi to you from the other side of the cafeteria,"

"oh..." meili looks down.

"how does he know you?" jiwoo asks.

"hes... my brothers friend..." she responds.

"i thought you and your brother werent close." soo raises an eyebrow.

"we-we arent, it has nothing to do with him."

"but why did one of the school's most popular boy's just say hi to you if it has nothing to do with your brother?" yeona butts in.

yeona was basically the leader of their friend group. everything she said goes.

everyone gave her what she wanted, probably because they were all too scared of her.

jiwoo and soo were her little minions, doing whatever she told.

hana, on the other hand, secretly hated her friend group like meili. but she was too scared to leave, not wanting to be bullied because thats exactly what yeona would do.

"i dont know, it doesnt really matter," meili replies to yeona's question.

suddenly yeona, jiwoo, and soo begin to whisper to eachother and then turn back to meili.

"meili i dont think this friendship should be continued," yeona says while casually checking her nails.

meili's mouth drops open.

"what why?"

"because if we're going to stay friends we have to tell eachother everything, and you dont seem to understand that."

the three across from her stand up in sync, taking their trays, and start walking away from the confused girl.

hana looked like she didnt want to get up but then realized what was happening. she jumped up, muttering a 'sorry' and ran off after the three, leaving a shocked meili sitting alone.

meili was secretly relieved that she was done with those girls, but at the same time terrified of what was going to happen.

yeona was probably going to spread stuff, and everyone would go back to hating on meili just like in middle school.

'i think i need some air-,'

donghyuck watched the whole exchange from the other side of the cafeteria, not knowing what was being said but knew something was happening. and that it was caused by him just greeting the girl.

'at least their out of her life now.'

the boy watches as meilin stands up, dumping her untouched tray in the garbage before heading towards the exit to the football feild and basketball courts.

hyuck nudges renjun who was in a conversation with jeno and jaemin about who knows what and points towards the boy's visibly upset twin.

"you want to get closer with her right?" he asks the chinese boy.

renjun watches meili as she runs out the exit, wondering what he missed.

"well, of course i do," he then answers.

"then what are you waiting for, nows your chance," he gestures. renjun stares over at him confused.

"what?"

hyuck sighs and rolls his eyes.

"go comfort her,"

the boy's eyes widen in realization and jumps out of his seat, running to the door that meili ran out, earning some weird stares.