chapter 33

"wow," kwan muttered as she gazed at the ceiling in thought. "it's really our last night."

"mhm," jinae hummed as she exited the bathroom, eyes wandering the room before coming to a stop at the beds. she cocked an eyebrow as she noticed the three girls lazily sprawled out, bare faced and in their pyjamas. "what are you guys doing? shouldn't you be getting ready?"

"what do you mean?" meili sat upright in curiosity, the two others doing the same.

jinae stared at them in disbelief as she dried her wet hair.

"didn't you hear? there's games and stuff downstairs."

———————————————————————
✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨
———————————————————————

the four made their way to the rec room, seeing what jinae had been talking about. groups of students were scattered around the large room, some playing games while other chilled and drank juice out of solo cups.

kwan and minji had immediately bolted away to find their friends, leaving the two observing their surroundings alone.

"i'm gonna go find renjun," jinae informedmeili as she scanned the room in search for the boy, eyes locking on a single figure waving his hands in their direction.

"have fun~," meili suggestively wiggled her eyebrows, getting a glare in response.

not knowing what to do, the girl stood there alone in the laughter filled room, feeling lonely.
but then a hand on her shoulder startled her, making her jump.

"relax, it's just me," a voice assured her as she turned, noticing it was donghyuck. "wanna play  some games with a bunch of us?"

her eyes followed his hand pointing in the direction of a group of seniors huddled in a tiny circle.

from their backs she could tell jeno and jaemin where there, mainly from the latter's favourite light green hoodie.

"sure," she agreed. "why not."

"great," he said and began to lead her in their direction.

the two then became close enough for meili to see a bottle placed in the middle, spinning before landing on a nervous jaemin.

donghyuck squeezed him and meili in between a couple of their classmates as everyone watched the scene in front of them.

"jaemin," a girl said, meili recognizing her as jeno's cousin. "truth or dare."

the boy gulped, unsure on what to pick. jeno nudged him to hurry up, causing him to sweat even more.

"er... truth."

"pussy," jeno's cousin muttered under her breath, but then smirked. "have you ever had a girlfriend?"

this seemed to be the question he was most afraid of, the fear clearly plastered on the boy's face.

meili let out a small laugh, knowing the answer, as the group waited for jaemin to speak.

"no," he squeaked, getting looks of disbelief.

"really?" a couple people asked, amusement growing on their faces.

jeno and donghyuck were both trying to hold in laughs, but once they locked eyes it was over.

"okay moving on," jaemin leant over to grab the bottle while he tried to tune out his friends howls.

he spun the bottle, the group watching in anticipation as it began to slow.

the bottle landed on a girl close to meili's right, her face flushing in embarrassment as all the eyes landed on her. meili recognized her from a couple classes, mainly knowing her from being jaemin's photography partner once.

she was a nice girl, a little shy as well. jaemin seemed to be quite fond of her as well...

"truth or dare," he asked, focusing his attention on his sleeve to avoid eye contact.

"dare."

"i dare you to kiss someone in this room."

the circle fell into a hush as her eyes widened, cheeks flushing a deep red.

jeno turned to stare at his friend in pure confusion.

"what?" he whispered. jaemin shrugged as he looked at his hands, not sure what to do now.

the girl stood up, eyes following her as she went to stand in front of jaemin. she knelt down onto the ground, lifting the boy's chin before planting a quick kiss onto his cheek.

meili watched as she quickly retreated back to her spot in the circle, a couple girls nudging her in pride and amusement. across the circle, jaemin's face was steaming, a hint of a smile on his lips as jeno watched in concern.

"anyway..." someone stood up, breaking the silence. "next turn."

after a couple more confessions and boring dares, the bottle was spun once more. meili and donghyuck watched as it slowed in their direction, them both silently begging it wouldn't land on either one of them.

as it stopped, the student who spun it smirked, obviously satisfied with who he got.

meili gulped as she looked up from the bottle, making eye contact with the boy who had a mischievous glint in his eyes.

jihoon was known as one of the annoying kids of their grade, getting the title from constantly pestering students and stirring up drama, throwing a couple occasional pranks into the mix.

"meili, truth or dare?"

"truth," she quickly spoke, too afraid to see what dares he had in mind.

this seemed to be the answer he had wanted, the smirk growing on his face.

"do you like donghyuck?"

the sound of an angry gasp came from jaemin, followed by a slapping of a hand on his mouth.

meili furrowed her eyebrows, unsure what jihoon was to gain from that sort of question. she could feel the boy next to her stiffened, clearly uncomfortable with the topic.

"i have a boyfriend," she confidently spoke, appearing to be unfazed.

"you didnt say no..." he inquired, leaning forward as he awaited for her next words.

"she didnt say yes either," donghyuck intervened, hastily grabbing the bottle from the centre and shoving it into meili's hands. "now move on"

she blankly stared at the bottle, then jolting as the boy nudged her.

"just spin it," he muttered to her, sounding a but tired.

she wanted to ask of he was okay, but decided against it, placing the bottle in the middle of the circle and giving it a spin.