chapter 27

it was monday during lunch period, the group sitting at their table as usual. they were extra quiet that day, mainly because everyone was grossed out by chenle and meili's silent flirting.

donghyuck was very annoyed, having to sit across from the two. he couldn't deny that he was a tiny bit jealous.

instead of denying it, he was trying to forget about it which wasn't going to happen.

"did you see mark this weekend?" renjun asked the boy, trying to take his attention away from the two ahead.

"yeah," he mumbled, recalling the talk he had with the boy.

meili began to loudly giggle at something chenle said, donghyuck slumping down on the table with a groan.

"just get a room or something," jisung whined while burying his face into jeno's arm.

donghyuck's phone lit up, a message from his girlfriend on the screen.

"oh right, i have a girlfriend," he remembered, mood becoming lower than it already was. he watched as his phone buzzed a couple more times, not making any moves to pick it up.

"are you going to answer?" jaemin asked him, voice low so the rest of the table could barely hear.

he shook his head, pocketing the phone and went back to watching the pair across from him in jealousy.

he watched as chenle ruffles the girls hair, her cheeks glowing red as she looked down in embarrassment.

"chenle."

"yeah?" the boy's head whipped in his hyung's direction.

"have you asked meili to be your girlfriend yet?"

the table froze at donghyuck's question, all eyes on chenle as he became flustered.

"er..." he looked back at the girl who stared up at him in curiosity. "do you want to be..?"

"your girlfriend?" she looked at him, eyebrows arched. he nodded his head.

meili then took the table by surprise as she left a short peck on the boy's lips, a smile growing on both of their faces.

"of course."