chapter 14

the weekend of the carnival had arrived, the week going by in a blur.

meili and donghyuck's project had been introduced, the one counting for 30% of their grade.

the pairs had to collaborate on writing an original song, as well as perform it in front of the class. the best would be showcased at the school's talent show, one of the most hyped event of the school year.

donghyuck seemed pretty excited about being able to practice coaching meili how to sing, disregarding the fact that he had to help write which didn't happen to be a strong suite of his.

it was now saturday afternoon, the carnival opening in less than an hour.

the sun shone through the window as meili stood in front of her mirror, searching for something to wear before jaemin arrived to pick her up. she was excited to be hanging out with her best friend, but also quite nervous. it's not like its a date, so why should she be worried.

"is this good enough for a carnival?" she asked herself, posing as her eyes judged her outfit.

sighing, she flopped down on her bed, feet hanging off the edge.

"i wish i had girl friends to help."

a knock on the door startled her, mumbling a tiny "come in".

"li i was wondering if you wanted to-,"

he then peeked through the door, seeing his sister looking miserable with clothing strewn all over.

"what-," he muttered, eyes scanning over the girl.

"i can't find anything to wear," she explained to him, a bit of whine in her tone.

"not my problem," he shuts the door, leaving without finishing his question.

meili groans, letting her head sink into her comforter.

donghyuck might be able to help, since his sister was in modelling, right? she though about it, grabbing her phone but then let it fall back out of her grasp.

he said they weren't close so how would he help? she told herself that was the reason why she didn't text him, but it was really because his disappointed expression was lingering in her mind, the one he made when she said she couldn't go with him.

meili wanted to go with the boy, but couldn't just cancel on jaemin. she wished she insisted that donghyuck came with the two, it was too late now to think about that though.

the sound of the doorbell ringing echoed through the house, followed by renjun cursing as he got up to answer. meili went with what she had on, grabbing her mini bag with her phone as she ran out of her room.