chapter 26

the four boys quickly made their way into the dimly lit theatre, careful not to draw attention to themselves as meili and chenle were there.

they casually walked up to the back of the theatre before collapsing into seats that had a good view of the two.

meili and chenle were seated in the middle of the rows, both with their eyes glued to their phone screens.

"they look nervous," mark observed, pointing to the two that were sitting as far as they could away from each other.

"well it is both of their first dates," jisung lowly giggled before placing his head on jaemin's shoulder.

the group kept their eyes on the pair throughout the previews, until the lights went dark and the movie began.

"this is where all the action will happen," jisung whispered, getting hums of agreement.

chenle had asked jaemin for what movie they should watch, having no clue what girls liked.
jaemin had no clue either, having been single for all his life despite his natural flirtatious tendencies.

jisung had suggested the boy take her to a horror movie so that meili would cling onto him in fear, which chenle thought would be a great idea for some reason.

renjun knew otherwise, having watched horror movies with both meili and chenle. it was always chenle who clung on to others, typical for the youngest of the group, while meili was the unfazed one.

he decided not to speak up, realizing it would be amusing to watch which was part of what sparked his idea to spy on the two.

so the four watched them in expectancy, analyzing every move they made.

meanwhile, meili could feel eyes on the back of her head, making her squirm in discomfort.

"do you feel that too?" she whispered to the boy next to her who slowly nodded.

"i think its dream."

"of course," she let out a long sigh, adjusting the position of her feet. chenle giggled and looked back at the screen as the movie was starting.

the screen was black, suspenseful music playing making chenle shudder and grip onto the arm rests.

"are you okay?" meili asked, noticing the boy's tense state as he stared at the screen in fear.

"y-yeah."

all of the sudden, a jump scare popped up on the screen, making chenle squeal and bury his face into meili's arm.

the girl just sighed, realizing she should've know chenle wasn't good with horror movies.

"this is gonna be a long 2 hours."

———————————————————————
✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨
———————————————————————

"that was painful to watch," mark sighed as the movie came to an end, talking about how scared chenle had been the whole time.