chapter 28

it was the last period of the day, meili and donghyuck getting ready practicing their song. the lyrics were set, all they needed to do was practice the singing.

meili's hands were clenched together under the table, both sweating as she was nervous to sing.

she gulped as donghyuck pushed the sheet music over to her. "you can sing first."

meili stared at the sheet in front of her, making no move to grab it.

"or i can," he offered, noticing the look on her face. "to show you how it sounds..."

she quickly nodded, anything to prolong the wait, but then realized that it was exactly what she shouldn't want.

she knew he was a great singer, he had always been since they were kids. his voice had of course matured since then, but that probably meant his voice had improved.

the girl wasn't ready to hear his voice before she sang, just in case it made her more nervous.

but it was too late, he had already taken a breath.

"tell me 'bout your dreaming, i believe i was there, too," his honey like voice paused to take a breath, snapping a couple times. "i could sense your breathing, lying in a different room."

he finished, glancing up at his partner in front of him who was currently catching flies with her mouth.

he chuckled, leaning forwards towards the shocked girl. she was too afraid to move away, frozen as his thumb trailed along her jaw.

he gulped, closing her mouth, his cheeks tinted red as their eyes remained locked.

a strand of hair had fallen loose from the girl's ponytail, falling in front of her eye. bothered, donghyuck quickly tucked it behind her ear.

their faces were very close, donghyuck's warm breath tickling meili's face before she came to her senses.

she jerked away, falling back into her chair while donghyuck hurriedly did the same.

he cleared his throat, cheeks still burning as he felt meili's gaze on him.

"er..." he looked down at his hands, clenching them into fists. "your turn."

meili took in a shaky breath, gripping onto her seat as she eyed the lyrics.

she began to sing her best, the boy in front of her watching in awe.

she finished, shakily taking a sip from her water bottle as his eyes remained on her.

"that..." he began, searching for the right words. she held her breath as she waited, unsure what the boy's reaction would be.

"that was horrific," he finished, snorting as he tried to hold his laugh in. "how can someone be that bad? how are we going to be able to perform that in front of the class, let alone the talent show? and how the hell is someone related to renjun have such an awful voice? is your drawing shit too?"

meili watched him with an unamused face. "my drawing is great, thank you very much. renjun just inherited all the singing and dancing genes."

donghyuck calmed himself down, picking up the sheet music and skimmed over it.

"maybe you could rap?"

"i'll give it a try," she scoffs, taking the sheet from his hands.