chapter 34

the bus pulled up to the front of the school that afternoon, snow falling from the sky just like it had when they left. meili had her faced pressed up to the window, searching for the green head of hair through the group of people outside.

he wasnt hard to find, standing next to his tall friend as they both bounced on the balls of their feet in excitement.

once they pulled to a stop, meili immediately hopped up, stepping over the sleeping boy next to her who groaned in pain.

"hyuck we're here," she informed him, making his eyes shoot open.

"aw really?" he asked in dispirit, not too overjoyed to be seeing his girlfriend.

he got no response, realizing the girl had already made her way down the isle, eager to get off the bus.

he watched as she hurried off, throwing herself into chenle's arms and pressing a quick peck onto his lips.

his annoyed expression contorted into one of anger, roughly pushing himself out of his seat and pushing in front of renjun who was in the isle next to him.

"jeez," the boy mumbled to himself, taking a tiny step back in jaemin's direction.

"probably jealous again," jeno quietly chuckled, earning a glare from donghyuck.

the four made their way too the three huddled together, immediately being attacked by jisung.

"i missed you all," he cried into their shirts. "chenle was so mean when you were gone."

meili had to hold back the boy from attacking jisung in irritation, jaemin stepping in front of the youngest in protective mother mode.

donghyuck was startled by a poke in his back, followed by two arms throwing themselves around his waist.

he flinched, throwing them off in panic and turning around, realizing it was just hana.

"hyuck!" she exclaimed, burying herself into his chest as she was happy to see him.

"oh hey," he greeted her unenthusiastically, standing straight with his arms pressed stiffly to his sides. it was clear he was uncomfortable, but she was unable to take a hint as she pressed a soft kiss on his cheekbone.

"how was it?"

"good," he replied rather dryly, hoping to get away soon.

"really? so fun you never answered any of my texts or calls?"

from behind the two, jeno stiffled a laugh, earning a shove from jaemin.

"er... we weren't allowed phones."

hana nodded, seeming to have taken the excuse but opened her mouth to ask more.

"okay we're gonna go!" meili announced, saving donghyuck for any more questions.

"yeah same," he spoke up, slowly inching in the direction of his car. "text you later?"

"actually i was thinking we'd spend some time together!" hana grabbed onto the boy's arm, leading him away. "bye everyone."

they all hesitantly waved back, unsure if they should trust him with her alone based on his facial expressions.

"should we take your car or mine?" hana questioned the boy as she looped her arm around his. he didn't respond, continuing to walk in the direction he was heading, confusing  the girl. "we could always take yours and i could uber-,"

"i think we should break up," he interrupted her, head facing straight as he resisted eye contact with her. her mouth dropped open, taken aback as she stopped in her tracks.

"w-what?"

"hana, i think we should break up," he turned to stare at her dead in the eye, proving he was serious.

"um-,"

"see you," he pulled his arm out if her grasp, sauntering over to his car before hopping in the drivers seat and driving away, leaving hana dumbfounded.