chapter 8

renjun runs out the doors, frantically searching for meili.

"meili!" he yells out, hoping to find her that way.

he finds himself running towards the bleachers beside the basketball courts, cutting through the current game going on among some of his underclassman.

he spits out a quick apology, then basically throws himself at the bleachers peaking around the side.

he didnt have his glasses so he couldnt clearly see.

'what a time to not have my glasses' he rolls his eyes.

"meili?" he yells.

not getting a response, he climbs under, then spots a figure curled up in a ball on the grass.

"meili? is that you? i dont have my glasses again so i cant see," renjun starts creeping towards the figure.

he hears a familiar muffled giggle which immediately puts a smile on his face.

renjun drops to his knees beside the girl, now close enough to hear her soft sobs.

not knowing how to comfort her, his hand hovers over the girl's back.

"i- uh... are you okay?"

"no!" meili sobs harder into her knees.

renjun flinches, not knowing how to handle crying.

"...what happened?"

meili sniffles, taking her head out of her knees and looks over at renjun.

his breath catches in his throat. she looked horrible.

"stupid donghyuck happened," meili then decides to answer, bursting into tears again.

renjun slowly and hesitantly opens his arms up to his twin, the tear stained face girl just sitting there crying and staring at him in confusion.

"oh just come here," renjun sighs.

meili still just sits there, hiccuping.

renjun sigh again, pulling the girl into his chest.

"just hug me."

and so she does hug him and starts sobbing into his chest.

renjun slowly begins to rub his hand over her back.

"there there, just-... let it all out..."

after a minute or so meili began to calm down, atleast enough to answer questions.

"so..." renjun begins. "what do you mean by "stupid donghyuck happened"?"

meili sniffs.
"he- he-," renjun hands her a tissue and she blows her nose. "he said hi to me in front of the whole school!"

if meili wasnt so upset, renjun probably wouldve burst into laughter.

"sorry if this sounds rude, but why is that such a big deal? do you really not like donghyuck that much? wait is he the reason you dont hang out with us anymore? did he do something to you?"

meili cracks a smile and giggles through her tears.

"no, silly," she shakes her head.

"then why? does what just happened in there have anything to do with it?" renjun frowns.

"you really want to know?"

"yes."

"can we go home first?"

"sure," renjun pulls out his phone, firing a quick text to donghyuck saying not to wait for him before classes start.

sKRRT PULL UP IN THE COUPE BEEPBEEP GIRL I GOT YOUR LOVING ON REPEAT AND I BET YOU NEVER hAD IT LIKE THIS rEAL GOOD LOVING LIGHT UP YOUR WRIST
lAsT CALL ARE YOU COMING WITH ME😍 I GOT SOMETHINGS YOU WANT TO SEE TELL ALL YOUR FRIENDS THAT YOUR BUSY~ OH THEy knOow~😏😬😅🚪🏃‍♀️💨