chapter 32

"slow down!" meili yelled as she watched donghyuck speed down the slope. she could hear him laughing as he descended down the snow covered hill, making her huff.

her gaze drifted over to her brother helping out a wobbly jinae in the distance, who had lost her balance. a laugh escaped her lips as she watched the girl struggling to keep herself upright, renjun irritated at how clumsy she was.

donghyuck slowly made his way back up the magic carpet, gliding over to where meili was standing. she hadn't noticed him arrive so he took the chance, shoving her towards the slope of the hill.

it was a wrong move, he had realized, panic beginning to spread over her features. she went to stop herself with her poles but they somehow slipped out of her grasp.

a curse escaped her lips as she looked around for something to grab onto.

"snow plow," donghyuck called to her as she began to slowly pick up speed. remembering he had forgotten to teach her how, he cursed as well.

"help!" she yelped helplessly as she slid away. she remembered what hyuck had taught her, slightly bending her knees to keep herself balanced and put out her arms to help.

before she could get far, donghyuck sped after her. he recklessly attempted to grab onto her hand, totally missing and ripping her loose glove off. the action had caused her to speed faster down the mini slope.

"i'll catch you," he yelled to her, accelerating.

her eyes widened in confusion, unsure what he meant, but continued to stiffed her bent legs, balling her hands up into tight fists.

soon she reached the bottom, heading straight for donghyuck who had his arms out in front of him like he was trying to catch her.

meili's head collided with his chest and he flew back, wrapping his arms around her in a tight embrace.

"oof-," he let out as his back hit the snow covered ground, knocking the wind out of himself.

they both stayed still as they tried to catch their breaths, skis tangled together behind them.

"are you okay," donghyuck wheezed out in pain.

"yeah, are you!?" she exclaimed as she pushed herself off of him, rolling over into the snow next to him.

"yeah."

"let's never do this again."

"agreed."