chapter 10

the dreamies met up in the parking lot after school as usual.

jaemin and jeno were the first ones out, followed by chenle and jisung, then donghyuck.

as classes were done, students were starting to make their way out of the building. but there were no signs of renjun.

jeno seemed to be the only one concerned, none of the boys commenting on their friends absence as they chatted amongst themselves.

"where's renjun?" he asked the boys. they all shook their heads and shrugged, except donghyuck who was too immersed in his phone to hear.

"he wasn't in any of my classes after lunch," jaemin added, jeno agreeing as well. "hyuck, was he in any of yours?"

donghyuck looked up at the four staring at him.

"what?"

"renjun. was renjun in any of your classes this afternoon?"

"nah. he went home early with his sister," he stated, unaware that the others weren't told.

"oh..." jaemin nodded, and then realized what his friend said. "wait, meili?!?"

"meili noona?" jisung perked up at the name.

"yeah..." donghyuck responded, going back to his phone.

"that's a good sign then," chenle added and started fiddling with a long piece of his bangs that were overdue for a cut. "i hope they mend whatever was broken between them."

"me too," jisung pouted, jaemin patting his son's shoulder. "whenever we go over to hyung's, noona is always locked up in her room or out with her friends."

chenle nodded in agreement.

"it's about time they fixed things up," jeno let out an exhale, pushing his hair back from his face. the boys had began to walk to his car, which was the vehicle they drove around in often.

jeno was the only one, with a car atleast, that dream could trust to drive. renjun had his own car as well but the boys were scared that he would get in an argument with donghyuck and crash them.

jaemin slid into jeno's passenger seat like usual, the others beginning to get into the back seats.

"i miss meili," jaemin mumbled, quiet enough for only jeno to hear.

"same," he whispered back, rubbing the boy's shoulder.

jeno and jaemin had been the closest to meili, aside from mark of course.

it had hurt them when meili shut them out.
it had hurt meili as well, since you can't really throw away an unproblematic friendship like that so easily.

the girl had actually been the one to bring the friend group together, so it they had really felt it when she was gone.

jaemin and her had been inseparable since kindergarten, which was how renjun had met the boy.

jeno and mark had been in her art camp in the first grade, along with jisung and chenle who she didnt befriend until the year after.

last for them to meet was donghyuck.

it all started when 6 year old meili and renjun, and 7 year old mark had been playing a game of hide and seem at the park with their babysitter.