chapter 24

CHENLE IN A SKIRT

"hello," donghyuck slid into his regular seat at their lunch table, all eyes on him.

his friends all smiled at him, quickly greeting before going back to their conversations.

a wave of relief washed over him as none of them seemed to be mad at him anymore.

chenle and meili were both sitting across from him, innocently eating their meals in silence while the rest of the group talked. donghyuck smirked as he saw how close they were sitting, both slightly leaning onto the other.

he remembered chenle's one sided feelings weeks before, it now seeming like they were returned.

"meili, have you finally caught feelings for chenle?" he teased, eyes crinkling as he watched the boy freeze, eyes widening. "it's about time."

meili just looked up at him in question, confused why he felt the need to ask something like that. the boys around the table all watched their friend, ready to intervene if he went to far.

"i mean..." she set her utensils down, leaning back in the chair. "i don't see the point of that question, since it probably means nothing to you..."

jaemin flinched at the emphasis of "nothing", nervous meili would flip as she was still a little hurt by donghyuck.

"but anyway-," she continued, looking the boy dead in the eye. "so what if i have?"

"really?" chenle and donghyuck asked in unison. chenle narrowed his eyes in doubt, unsure if she was just saying that to make him jealous.

donghyuck felt a pang in his chest even though he had a girlfriend, which really annoyed him. he had finally succeeded in getting over her, so why must he give into throwing it away now.

meili chose not to elaborate, turning back to her food as the table watched her in silence.
chenle made eye contact with jisung, raising his eyebrows asking if he should risk it.

jisung shrugged, not sure what to say but then nodded. worth a shot his eyes read.

so chenle turned back to the girl, nudging her knee with his.

"hey meili?" he asked, watching as she looked up at him.

"mhm?"

"do you want to go on a date with me?"

the whole table froze, surprised by the boldness of the younger. jisung didn't expect chenle to be that straightforward, a little proud of his friend.

chenle watched the girl, eagerly waiting for a response as she swallowed what she had been chewing.

"why not," she responded, surprising the group. chenle's face lit up with excitement, making a big smile spread across meili's as well.

donghyuck watched in bafflement as the two teens smiled at each other, realizing he had just somehow helped their relationship grow. that was definitely not his plan, his chest filling with a new emotion, unfamiliar to him.

he knew he shouldn't care, he had a girlfriend now of course, but a small part of him still wanted meili. too late for that.

donghyuck had lost his appetite, mood ruined for the day as he felt uneasy.

"you good?" renjun asked the boy who looked like he was a going to be sick.

"yeah," he swallowed, uncertainty lacing his tone.

"do you want to go to the nurse, or-,"

"i'm fine, thanks," he assured him, taking a quick sip of his water and smiling to prove he was okay.

renjun nodded, a little unsure, but decided to keep an eye on him for the rest of the day.

———————————————————————
✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨
———————————————————————

"'kay, here's the song," meili spoke, sliding a couple sheets of printed off paper towards the boy.  "we just need to add it with the notes and voila!"

donghyuck grinned as he read over the sheet, quite impressed with her work.

"you're pretty good," he chuckled.

"what can i say?" she grinned cockily. "i'm just a natural."

donghyuck passed the lyrics back, pulling open a document of his laptop.

"here's the background music," he explained, watching as her face lit up. "i did it as a surprise."

donghyuck wasn't supposed to start on the background music right away, meili was planning on doing it in class that week but now that he had gone and done it already, they had much more time to put the song together.

"this is great!" she exclaimed, smile wide. "do you think you could record a demo by the end of the week?"

"yep," he nodded, holding back his large smile. "once we get the notes and lyrics together, of course."

"awesome! the final product's gonna be so good!"

IDK HOW SONG WRITING WORKS DM IF ITS INACCURATE LMFAO