chapter 2

1:00 AM

donghyuck stares at the ceiling in silence, all except the sound of his friends quiet, steady breathing.

jeno and jaemin were cuddling together with jisung in between the two on renjun's bed, while donghyuck, renjun, and chenle were on a mattress on the floor.

donghyuck was sandwiched between the two boys, both cuddling into him causing it to be rather hot and sweaty, making it harder to sleep.

so he just laid there deep in his own thoughts.

until he heard small cries and unsteady breathing coming through the wall.

'meili?'

donghyuck made sure to quickly put pillows in between renjun and chenle, before tip toeing out of the room.

he quietly closes the door and hears whines coming again from meili's room.

hyuck's fist hovers close to the door as he was ready to knock but then hesitates.

'if she's sleeping she wont just wake up to knocking'

so he opens the door to a crack, before quietly knocking.

"meili?" he whisper shouts.

the girl stirs, then began muttering something in chinese.

"meiliiiii," the boy whisper shouts her name once more.

she still didnt wake up so he quietly grabbed a pillow from renjun's room and whipped it at the girl, causing her to squeal.

"shhh, be quiet your going to wake everyone up."

"wha- who's there?" the sleepy girl mumbles, lifting her arms to rub her eyes.

donghyuck smirks. 'cute.'

"its donghyuck.." he whispers.

"hyu- donghyuck..? she questions, looking up at the boy to see his concerned expression.
"whats wrong?"

"uh... i think i should be asking you that," he chuckles, running a hand through his hair and glancing at her clock.

meili's stomach flutters.

"so... are you okay?" donghyuck asks, eyes filled with concern as they meet meili's.

she gulps.

"y-yeah, im fine" she assures him. "just a bad dream again"

"again?"

she doesn't respond so he pushes the door open wider,stepping more into the room and sticks out his hand.

"come on" donghyuck gestures for her to take his hand when she just stares.

"...why?"

"oh just come, itll be fun."

yawning, she gets up, only in a tshirt and pajama pants and grabs his hand.

he pulls her out the door as soon as her hand was in his causing her to squeak, not fully awake for anything yet.

"where are we going?"

"outside since i couldnt sleep and it seemed like you weren't having a very good sleep as well," he explains "so i was thinking maybe fresh air would help."

"oh..." meili responds, trying to hide the fact that she was nervous to be going out at night.

but donghyuck senses it in the tone of her voice and turns to look at her.

"have you never been out at night before?"

"not really, i find it kind of scary"

"oh, well you'll be safe with me out there" he smiles confidently.

'i dont think you'd be able to defend us from aliens but i guess its better to be abducted with someone else rather than just myself' the girl thinks in response.

donghyuck pulls her out the door into the backyard.

"watch out for the pond," meili warns hyuck.

"yeah, babe, i can see it."

she scoffs at the nickname, rolling her eyes.

he keeps a more than safe distance from the small pond beside the porch just to be safe though.

"so what are we going to do?"

"i dont know, lets just talk or something" he shrugs.

they lay down on a patch of grass, staring into the night sky.

"so what were you dreaming about?" hyuck breaks the silence.

meili hesitates, taking the hand that he was holding onto hers with and began to start playing with his fingers, just like she used to do with the boys all the time, causing him to smile sweetly.

"you dont need to tell me you know."

"i know its just-,"

they just lay there in silence for a couple beats.

meili still playing with hyucks fingers, staring off into the dark.

she then takes a breath in.

"i... dont think im ready to tell you yet" she confesses.

"and thats totally fine," the boy assures her.

"lets just lay here for now and look at the stars since its comfortable"

"okay."

BYE

BYE