chapter 22

its april and i just walked through snow🤨 thats canada for you LOL

"you want to run your hands through his green hair, don't you?"

"oh my god, just shut up," meili exclaimed, eyes widened and cheeks flushed in embarrassment at the mention of his oddly coloured hair.

renjun was teasing her about chenle as he drove her to his house after school. the 6 usually went to and from school together but chenle had an appointment and left early, meaning meili would just be dropped off at his house alone.

"you know it's true though, i could tell by the way you were watching him walk away at lunch."

"i was going through some stuff," she playfully wacked his arm.

"hE's cUtE~"

meili frowned and began to knock her head against the car window repeatedly.

they pulled up to chenle's house, meili rushing out if the car, eager to escape.

"don't do anything i wouldn't do," he called out the window to her as she hurried up the driveway.

"oh please."

as she stood at the door, she glanced around the front, taking notice of the flowers blooming in the small garden.

"pretty" she thought as she observed them, the door then interrupting by swinging open.

chenle stood at the door, staring at meili. the boy was in black sweatpants and a hoodie, bright hair ruffled slightly as it fluffily sat on his forehead.

meili hadn't changed into anything comfortable since she had came straight from school, still in her uniform from the day.

"do you want to come in?" chenle grinned at the girl who nodded in agreement.

"of course."

the two had made their way to his room, the house empty due to his parents being away.

meili crawled onto his bed, observing his unexpectedly clean room. this wasn't the first time she'd been in it. there had been multiple times as a child that she remembered, chenle and the twin's parents getting along well resulting in multiple playdates.

"i see you didn't bring pyjamas," chenle commented as he tossed the girl a tub of ice cream he had ready on his desk. it was her favourite flavour, mint chocolate chip.

she grew warm on the inside as she realized he remembered her favourite ice cream flavour. "he's a keeper."

"i didn't really have any time," she laughed, grabbing to spoon he passed her. "thanks."

"you should've went home first," the boy crawled onto the bed next to her, snuggling close as he switched on the projector connected to his laptop.

"i wanted to come here as fast as i could though."

chenle looked over to the girl who had shyly began playing with the hem of her skirt. he smiled, thinking she looked a bit cold.

quickly grabbing the green hoodie hanging on his chair, he tossed it to meili.

she looked over at him in confusion who then gestured for her to put it on. he had caught a glimpse of her bright red face before it became engulfed by his hoodie, making him go red as well.

after getting comfortable, she glanced at the boy, eyes crinkled.

"i match your hair now."

chenle let out a loud, obnoxious laugh that meili found quite cute and contagious.

"want a pair of sweatpants?" he then asked as he was already up.

meili hesitated at first, not wanting to be a burden but agreed, feeling unbearably uncomfortable in her skirt.

he then tossed them to the girl and then left the room so she could quickly change.

she had speedily thrown them on, folding up her uniform and placing it on an empty space on a table.

she called chenle back in and the two got cozy on his bed with their ice cream cartons.

there was half an arms length of space between the two as chenle switched on a drama. he noticed meili was a bit shy and snuggled closer to her a bit.

she didn't make any moves to get away, which was a good sign to chenle, but he had to check just in case.

"is this okay?"

"of course," she laughed out, inching a bit closer as well. "is this?"

"mhm," he smiled dreamily, never expecting he'd be where he was right now, side pressed up with meili's as they watches shows together on his bed.

if anyone had told him a couple weeks ago that he'd become this close to meili, he would simply just laugh in their face.

he just hoped he had a chance now that hyuck was out of the picture.

donghyuck. he was the reason why they were there.

"you okay?" chenle checked, looked down at the girl.

"more than okay," she smiled, him smiling in return.

"awesome. how are you feeling about what happened with donghyuck? any better?"

she didn't answer at first, trying to think of how to respond.

"better i guess, all thanks to you."

chenle grinned, happy with the answer.